• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston Vs Canes Game 2 Wednesday

12 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Really wish we could sign TDA. Guy could be better than Dougie was for us going forward. 

TDA is restricted I think he and Nino are the priorities, TDA wants to be here and given his "history" I have a feeling he's here to stay... My feeling is we get him on a either on a Bridge deal for 3-4M or a long term deal for the same there will still be teams who either won't touch him.... You get the feeling he values being a winner more.

My bet is we sell Raanta low in the offseason.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Question of the day. 

Since you love the Kooch. Who you rolling with fully healthy? Anderson, Raanta, or Kooch? Or just go with the hot hand? I'm going with the hot hand. 

If he's fully healthy? I roll Anderson in round two.... if he's ready Agaist Boston I have him back up Kochetkov.... and if Kochetkov continues to elevate his play I rethink that and roll with him.... 

This series is so physical I hope we close it in 4/5 to rest up, Even though there are no gimmies in the NHL a healthy canes squad that is able to recuperate from the physicality of this series outclass the Ranger/Penguins and its not close.

53 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He is a dang good goal scoring forward to boot, This next level aggressiveness is part of the series game plan IMO..... Rod before the games "Svechnikov destroy"

My buddys and I were talking about the same thing. Literally this is what came to our mind. Rod telling 37…… “And Svech…smash”

501CFD95-56A7-4737-809B-EA878FE3D67B.gif

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

TDA is restricted I think he and Nino are the priorities, TDA wants to be here and given his "history" I have a feeling he's here to stay... My feeling is we get him on a either on a Bridge deal for 3-4M or a long term deal for the same there will still be teams who either won't touch him.... You get the feeling he values being a winner more.

My bet is we sell Raanta low in the offseason.

I want to keep Tro over Nino personally. But I'm fine with either in the grand scheme. 

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

If he's fully healthy? I roll Anderson in round two.... if he's ready Agaist Boston I have him back up Kochetkov.... and if Kochetkov continues to elevate his play I rethink that and roll with him.... 

This series is so physical I hope we close it in 4/5 to rest up, Even though there are no gimmies in the NHL a healthy canes squad that is able to recuperate from the physicality of this series outclass the Ranger/Penguins and its not close.

Man my butt hole puckered with the thought of Lafontaine coming in for Koochie last night. I was like my Lord that would've been an epic disaster. 

35 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Man my butt hole puckered with the thought of Lafontaine coming in for Koochie last night. I was like my Lord that would've been an epic disaster. 

Boston was so devolved we probably could have beaten them with an open net.... I hope Freddie is ready to at least sit as the backup Laughy has no business being in a pre season game much less a playoff game.

39 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I want to keep Tro over Nino personally. But I'm fine with either in the grand scheme. 

I like Trocheck more as a player.... It's just we have several guys who can step into the 2C postion and put up the Same kind of numbers...  We don't have anther "Heavy "Power forward" winger waiting right now though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I like Trocheck more as a player.... It's just we have several guys who can step into the 2C postion and put up the Same kind of numbers...  We don't have anther "Heavy "Power forward" winger waiting right now though.

Although nobody is talking about him, Nino was spectacular last night in every facet of the game. Physicality, scoring and that dive to make a stick block was, I think, a sure goal averted. That's the edge I think RBA has been looking for and I think that's why he stays and Vinny will get paid handsomely elsewhere.

Staal comes back next year, and the centers will be Aho, Staal, KK and Domi when Vinny leaves.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

We have been stupidly lucky on injuries compared to other teams so far too. Knock on wood. Ya Raanta is brutal but the other top dogs have multiple players dropping like flies. Colorado already lost 3, Wilson plus another for the caps, two Florida players(from what I read) the list just goes on and on.

I feel like the people that said it a few weeks ago were right and we really slow burned april to make sure we were at peak healthy going into the playoffs this year. Watching the game from last night, our guys had a serious pep in there step, to the point Boston was just looking sluggish. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Although nobody is talking about him, Nino was spectacular last night in every facet of the game. Physicality, scoring and that dive to make a stick block was, I think, a sure goal averted. That's the edge I think RBA has been looking for and I think that's why he stays and Vinny will get paid handsomely elsewhere.

Staal comes back next year, and the centers will be Aho, Staal, KK and Domi when Vinny leaves.

Ya I’m firmly in the Nino camp next year but TDA is absolutely the #1 priority and I fear we may lose both to keep him. I love Tro but Nino is by far the most underrated player on this team after Fast. Nino just give so much to rods scheme. 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya I’m firmly in the Nino camp next year but TDA is absolutely the #1 priority and I fear we may lose both to keep him. I love Tro but Nino is by far the most underrated player on this team after Fast. Nino just give so much to rods scheme. 

image.thumb.png.b4776753c48e26661da87e817c71eac4.png

TDA is restricted, which helps. I don't think Cole or Stepan will be back, and Brendan Smith is a question mark as well - there are a couple guys (Chatfield and Drury) who may be ready to step up.

Defensively, the Canes are stacked. Slavin, Skjei, Pesce are around for another 2 years, at least. TDA and Bear are both restricted, so get them signed and bring up Chatfield. I can roll with that group.

• Beer 1