• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NHL Playoff Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Andersen would have beaten the Bruins in 5… he absolutely owns them. 15-3 lifetime against them with a .937. It’s common knowledge that he is Boston’s daddy.

As for this next series, it’s Raanta’s net until he loses. I suspect we won’t have a game until Wednesday (maybe Tuesday at the earliest). Raanta will be ready to go by then.

I’m guessing Tuesday. But dunno those with tickets already probably know more. 

Edited by Harbingers

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m guessing Tuesday. But dunno those with tickets already probably know more. 

Tuesday would make sense. Guess it just depends on who they want to put up there first. With all the series’s basically ending at the same time, someone is going to get an extra day of rest.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Word from my account manager it’s Tuesday but the NHL may delay one day and start Wednesday. 

Ya I figure someone starts on Tuesday. Probably the Florida teams and Colorado/St. Louis since they will have had the most rest collectively. 

Edited by Harbingers

If I had to guess… Colorado/St. Louis and Florida/Tampa starts Tuesday while Carolina/New York or Pittsburgh and Edmonton/Calgary or Dallas starts on Wednesday.

Pittsburgh and New York both are in the top three in raw viewership (along with Boston) so they won’t mind giving us the the first Sunday game. Especially since that first Sunday game will either be in Pittsburgh or New York. We’ll have the home games on Wednesday and Friday.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Both of these teams are a four or five games series against the Canes in my opinion.

Five games sounds about right. Shesterkin is good for one game where he steals one and Pittsburgh is good for benefiting from the officiating for one game. Six games would be the absolute max. Neither one of these teams can take us to seven. Neither also has the ability to take Aho out of the series like Boston did.

At the end of the day, Bergeron is still a 4x Selke winner and did a good job on Aho. Both the Rangers and Penguins should be concerned that Carolina won the series while not getting their very best from their 1C.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Five games sounds about right. Shesterkin is good for one game where he steals one and Pittsburgh is good for benefiting from the officiating for one game. Six games would be the absolute max. Neither one of these teams can take us to seven. Neither also has the ability to take Aho out of the series like Boston did.

At the end of the day, Bergeron is still a 4x Selke winner and did a good job on Aho. Both the Rangers and Penguins should be concerned that Carolina won the series while not getting their very best from their 1C.

I still feel that 1C may have been concussed after game 6. He made terrible decisions and I have never seen Aho play that bad. It wasn’t just Bergeron.