• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College football might be about to get real interesting

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Just gonna need some sort of salary cap. I’m all for the young fellas to get payed but I don’t want players entering the transfer portal chasing cash. Plus I would like to see a good nest egg put away for players that get injured 

It wouldn't work. There is no cap on how much NFL/NBA/MLB/etc. players can get from endorsement deals. That's the equivalent. 

On 5/20/2022 at 2:49 PM, 4Corners said:

LOL this won’t work. Get real. The NCAA has to set strict guidelines, investigate and punish schools that are just bribing players with bogus NIL deals. 

The Miami kid, Wong, who will be all ACC next year basically said pay me more or I’m leaving and then I’m sure was slipped some cash by Miami boosters to be quiet. 

Tampering is going wild now too, there are rumors that UGA was trying to steal Josh Downs from UNC. This has to be addressed. 

While the NIL, in theory, is a good idea it of course has been exploited by the big time schools just like most of us knew it would. The NCAA is a joke and probably has no clue what to do. 

Ok just let me know when you get it all figured out lol.