• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

DW’s presser a few weeks ago made it sound like Patches will be back before the playoffs and that they are going to have to be careful about adding salary.

I think if we see an addition it’ll be someone like Rodrigues or Stastny and they’ll sign for $2.5M or so. Then at the trade deadline someone like Bear gets moved out to open up room for Patches to come back.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

DW’s presser a few weeks ago made it sound like Patches will be back before the playoffs and that they are going to have to be careful about adding salary.

I think if we see an addition it’ll be someone like Rodrigues or Stastny and they’ll sign for $2.5M or so. Then at the trade deadline someone like Bear gets moved out to open up room for Patches to come back.

This is a playoff team even without any additions the Canes are past the desire to simply make the playoffs IMO....If rentals are needed they will be cheaper closer to the deadline.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

This is a playoff team even without any additions the Canes are past the desire to simply make the playoffs IMO....If rentals are needed they will be cheaper closer to the deadline.

Yep, I’d agree with that.

I’d like another option like Stastny or Rodrigues for depth and then when Patches comes back we can move out someone like Bear and for any additional rentals we can move out Gardiner and Martinook.

• Flames 2