• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

United States Men’s National Team - FIFA World Cup 2022

Not sure if there are any fans of the USMNT and international soccer in general on here; but the U.S. is currently playing a friendly against Morocco in one of their few tune up matches before the World Cup begins in November.

Overall, the team is playing decent and though the game has been pretty even, the U.S. has capitalized on their scoring chances.

At the half, the USMNT leads Morocco 2-0.

Berhalter went with a 4-3-3

GK - Matt Turner

LB - Antonee Robinson

LCB - Aaron Long

RCB - Walker Zimmerman

RB - Reggie Cannon

LM - Yunus Musah

CM - Tyler Adams

RM - Brenden Aaronson

LW - Christian Pulisic

ST - Jesus Ferreira

RW - Timothy Weah

The bench consists of Weston McKennie, Paul Arriola, DeAndre Yedlin, Luca de la Torre,  George Bello, Cristian Roldon, Erik Palmer-Brown, and Sean Johnson.

There are also some really interesting guys on the bench today that I hope to see: Joe Scally, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Haji Wright, and Malik Tillman.

Injuries are definitely a concern, luckily McKennie, Turner, and Aaronson seem to be fine.

Hopefully Reyna, Dest, and Richards are healthy come Cup time.

It would have been nice to see Mihailovic tonight but he got hurt earlier in the week.

And obviously the big one is Miles Robinson who I don’t think has a snowballs chance in hell at being ready. I believe Terrell Suggs has the quickest return from an achilles tear in NFL history at 5 months and Wesley Matthews has the quickest return from an achilles tear in NBA history at 7.5 months. Robinson would need to return at 6 months which I just don’t see happening.

The USMNT takes on Uruguay at 5:00PM on FOX in what should be one of their toughest tests of the year.

The team news is below:

I’d like to see the following starting XI but Berhalter always has a few head scratchers.

GK - Ethan Horvath (Turner isn’t dressed today)

LB - Antonee Robinson

LCB - Cameron Carter-Vickers (it’s either him or Long, both have been unimpressive but I want to give CCV a chance to play with Zimmerman)

RCB - Walker Zimmerman

RB - Joe Scally (he did some nice things against Morocco)

LCM - Brenden Aaronson

CM - Tyler Adams

RCM - Weston McKennie

LW - Christian Pulisic

ST - Haji Wright

RW - Tim Weah

I also wouldn’t mind seeing Yedlin (though the last time I saw him, Yordy Reyna was crossing him up), Acosta, Musah, Tillman, and Arriola (who has been in great form recently) at some point today.

The actual Starting XI

GK - Sean Johnson (Berhalter is probably going to select Johnson as the third GK for the World Cup roster just as a sign of respect, though I think Horvath and Slonina are better players)

LB - Joe Scally (I prefer Scally on the right but I’m excited to see him get the start)

LCB - Aaron Long (this spot is in desperate need of an upgrade)

RCB - Walker Zimmerman

RB - DeAndre Yedlin

LCM - Yunus Musah

CM - Tyler Adams

RCM - Weston McKennie

LW - Christian Pulisic

ST - Jesus Ferreira (this spot also needs an upgrade)

RW - Tim Weah

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That was a wild match last night against El Salvador, one of the worst pitches I’ve ever seen.

I wonder how the top Euro teams would handle CONCACAF? Going to developing countries and playing some truly awful fields and conditions 

10 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

I wonder how the top Euro teams would handle CONCACAF? Going to developing countries and playing some truly awful fields and conditions 

I feel like a lot of UEFA teams wouldn’t have even made the trip and made a petition for the game to be postponed, let alone play their star players like the USMNT did last night.

• Beer 1