• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This sequence from Matt Corral

thunderraiden

19 hours ago, top dawg said:

Nah, man. He's just beginning. He was damned good in college. He can't help the system that he played in. There is no evidence that he's a bad decision maker. Give him time to develop and some consistent time to actually create a body of work before criticizing him.

I have been pretty impressed so far and as you can tell by my other comments I am very hard to please lol.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:07 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

He’s definitely looked good in drills by all reports, less so in actual gameplay… but he’s got a good skillset to work with.

Unfortunately for him, he’s just got too many guys in front of him and for better or worse Rhule appears deadest on hitching his wagon to one of those guys.

It would be fantastic and somewhat interesting if Corral had a solid preseason and was able to lead the offense on a few TD drives while not committing any turnovers. Maybe that could spice things up if Mayfield and Darnold falter.

I think whoever starts, should get good support.  In other words, don’t play musical quarterbacks.  Give the starter a fair shot before you bench him.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Well… for the most part Corral looks comfortable back there, but there’s definitely going to be a learning curve in regards to reading NFL defenses.

Yeah hard to tell with the situation he's in. Obviously needs some time pre-snap but he's also throwing to camp guys who don't know what they're doing. If he can read a defense he'll be good