• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 NFL Draft

Stuart Smith

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 9:39 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

All depends on how Mayfield looks this year.

No. No matter how good Baker is his best case scenario is a wild card loss. Lets get a real QB w potential that hasn't already proved he is bad in his first 5 years in the NFL and try to resurrect him. This is why its dumb af to sign Baker, now we won't be able to get studs like Young, Stroud, Richardson, Van Dyke, etc b/c Baker will win us just enough to take us out of position to grab them, have to sign Baker to an expensive contract then after and then have a max ceiling of a wild card loss. This franchise is so dumb and tricks ignorant fans.

Edited by Jared Patterson

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

No. No matter how good Baker is his best case scenario is a wild card loss. Lets get a real QB w potential that hasn't already proved he is bad in his first 5 years in the NFL and try to resurrect him. This is why its dumb af to sign Baker, now we won't be able to get studs like Young, Stroud, Richardson, Van Dyke, etc b/c Baker will win us just enough to take us out of position to grab them, have to sign Baker to an expensive contract then after and then have a max ceiling of a wild card loss. This franchise is so dumb and tricks ignorant fans.

If Mayfield plays well enough to get this team (and staff) to the playoffs then he's the real deal.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Dan Morgan is going to sign Dawson Knox (Buffalo) and we will have Tremble behind him. Doubt we draft a TE. I don't think Buffalo will be able to afford Knox.

Have you seen our cap space next year? WE don't have the cap room.  Yes, we need to draft a TE.  TE and DE are priorities.  We have to see about QB based on Baker' season.  Assuming our picks stay the same, we only have four selections: 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Have you seen our cap space next year? WE don't have the cap room.  Yes, we need to draft a TE.  TE and DE are priorities.  We have to see about QB based on Baker' season.  Assuming our picks stay the same, we only have four selections: 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th.

Yes, we have a lot of room for cuts and re-structures. I played around with our cap and got us to 50 million relatively easily. What we need the most is a DT next to Brown.

Edited by Jared Patterson
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Yes, we have a lot of room for cuts and re-structures. I played around with our cap and got us to 50 million relatively easily. What we need the most is a DT next to Brown.

Some of the linemen and signings this year will need to be resigned more than likely. We will more than likely need to resign Baker. Even with Darnold off the books it will take a creative front office to keep our core together. I hope Baker works out so we can build the Defensive line interior. 

14 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

DTs are a dime a dozen; easy FA fix or mid-round fix.  We have some young DTs we need to see as well before writing them off.   Cuts and restructures kicks the can down the road and messes with subsequent years.  As of now, we are in good shape for 2024, so I don't want to mess that up.  If Rhule is still around, I have no doubt he goes down that path.  Inevitably when he is canned, the next couple of years will be a mess to dig out from under as he goes form season-to-season trying to save his backside with little regard to the long term health of the cap.

• 4 weeks later...