• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GameDay "Arrival Experience"

Mr. Scot

41 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Ah the ad hominem. Looks like you hit a nerve @gofightwin. Mr. Scot doesn't like being made to eat poo in his own threads. 

Wouldn't really say I did that here, but I grant you're more experienced at that sort of thing than I am.

He got the response he did because his post was dumb. LaFell did a pretty good job explaining why.

I'd add that criticizing Roaring Riot is pretty ridiculous, especially coming from someone defending an owner who's as clearly out of touch with his fanbase as David Tepper.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't really say I did that here, but I grant you're more experienced at that sort of thing than I am.

Nah, you took a bite, hence the passive aggressive jabs. You always get there eventually. 

He got the response he did because his post was dumb. LaFell did a pretty good job explaining why.

They're two separate 'experiences' that don't affect each other or the people who enjoy them. You've created a scenario that hasn't actually occurred and are manufacturing outrage, as if there weren't plenty of things to be mad about already. LaFell's argument wouldn't be solid even if what he was commenting on was actually happening. Rich people can be diehard fans, and they definitely have kids. Who do you think was on the receiving end of those touchdown footballs from Cam? 

I'd add that criticizing Roaring Riot is pretty ridiculous, especially coming from someone defending an owner who's as clearly out of touch with his fanbase as David Tepper.

Criticize him how? I gave him props. I understand why it would be in his interest to find some way to contrast his company's fan experience with the one Tepper is currently offering, even if it's based on something that isn't actually happening. That's marketing. What makes no sense is why you would go along with this whole thing, when it's already been debunked. 

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

What a sick burn from the human equivalent of Kirk Van Houten!

The Panthers have always had something like this. If you want to stand at the fences with your kids and watch the players come in, you still can. If you'd rather watch from under a tent, with food and drinks, without having to jockey for a good spot with everyone else, that'll cost you three fiddy. One experience is for diehards with normal incomes and the other is for corporations or wealthy individuals to schmooze clients or impress their prospective mistresses. 

Props to Roaring Riot for seizing upon a great marketing opportunity. Seems to have worked.

583de379f27c0ca59c99ccafd30d2c8a--sat-prep-the-sat.jpg.23f5517dfa5251ee64c2cff48f384d90.jpg

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Nah, you took a bite, hence the passive aggressive jabs. You always get there eventually. 

They're two separate 'experiences' that don't affect each other or the people who enjoy them. You've created a scenario that hasn't actually occurred and are manufacturing outrage, as if there weren't plenty of things to be mad about already. LaFell's argument wouldn't be solid even if what he was commenting on was actually happening. Rich people can be diehard fans, and they definitely have kids. Who do you think was on the receiving end of those touchdown footballs from Cam? 

Criticize him how? I gave him props. I understand why it would be in his interest to find some way to contrast his company's fan experience with the one Tepper is currently offering, even if it's based on something that isn't actually happening. That's marketing. What makes no sense is why you would go along with this whole thing, when it's already been debunked. 

His post was dumb, as is yours, because you guys don't understand the heart of the issue.

"There are people who will pay for it" is a stupid, unaware response which completely misses that Tepper and his people are out of touch with the average fan, choosing instead to value the corporate types who are willing to pay big money.

But then, billionaires being out of touch isn't exactly a surprising thing.

Pete Rozelle always fought to have the NFL product accessible to as many people as possible. These days, owners like Tepper only want it accessible to the people that can (and will) pay through the nose for it.

And hey, God forbid his net worth drop down below 12 billion.

1 minute ago, Pakmeng said:

He should be extremely used to it after watching him do it since the early 2000s on various platforms 😆 

Nah, but I'm enjoying your attempts to actually start threads and talk football given how much criticism you've universally received for not doing those things 😆

That makes it pretty clear you've heard what people are saying about you.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

I feel like the people that liked to watch the players are usually diehards and folks with kids. The people that get the most from it aren’t ritzy folks. 

I feel like the players respond the best to  kids anyway so this all seems kinda dumb. 

Why not make the same argument for something like lower level vs. upper level seating? Should we make every ticket at BOA stadium the same price (or free) and reserve lower level seating for families and diehards? And stick all the corporate people in the upper levels? It’s one of those things that sounds nice in a utopian philosophical sense, but it’s so far out of touch with how things actually operate in this country (*cough* capitalism).

This just sounds like such a routine business practice. Same thing as Taylor Swift or w/e offering backstage VIP passes for thousands of dollars. Her diehard little kid fans would probably “get the most out of it”, but is she evil for offering a package like that?

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His post was dumb, as is yours, because you guys don't understand the heart of the issue.

"There are people who will pay for it" is a stupid, unaware response which completely misses that Tepper and his people are out of touch with the average fan, choosing instead to value the corporate types who are willing to pay big money.

But then, billionaires being out of touch isn't exactly a surprising thing.

Pete Rozelle always fought to have the NFL product accessible to as many people as possible. These days, owners like Tepper only want it accessible to the people that can (and will) pay through the nose for it.

And hey, God forbid his net worth drop down below 12 billion.

Dude, you're not the gatekeeper of who gets to be a fan or how they experience gameday. 

I understand the heart of this issue, and the heart of this issue is that you made this all up, and are mad that not everyone is going along with it for some reason. No one took away any free access and gave it to a bunch of rich assholes. That's a false narrative that you're perpetuating because you 'feel' like it 'could be' true. The reality is that there are multiple ways to enjoy gameday and currently they're not infringing on each other, and there's currently no proof that they will beyond some clever marketing by Roaring Riot and a bunch of empty assumptions by you and several others.

Pete Rozelle retired 33 years ago! If anyone is out of touch, it's you! Everything changes whether we like it or not. Corporations and well off people bought the majority of PSLs which sealed the deal on getting us the team in the first place. It also means that every game is a sellout, which means no blackout games, so 'average fans' can watch at home without having to pay for a satellite package. 

There's plenty to not like about Tepper. This ain't it. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Dude, you're not the gatekeeper of who gets to be a fan or how they experience gameday. 

I understand the heart of this issue, and the heart of this issue is that you made this all up, and are mad that not everyone is going along with it for some reason. No one took away any free access and gave it to a bunch of rich assholes. That's a false narrative that you're perpetuating because you 'feel' like it 'could be' true. The reality is that there are multiple ways to enjoy gameday and currently they're not infringing on each other, and there's currently no proof that they will beyond some clever marketing by Roaring Riot and a bunch of empty assumptions by you and several others.

Pete Rozelle retired 33 years ago! If anyone is out of touch, it's you! Everything changes whether we like it or not. Corporations and well off people bought the majority of PSLs which sealed the deal on getting us the team in the first place. It also means that every game is a sellout, which means no blackout games, so 'average fans' can watch at home without having to pay for a satellite package. 

There's plenty to not like about Tepper. This ain't it. 

I made it all up?

Wow 😆

I guess I must have made up the angry tweets from Roaring Riot and others too. My skills at hacking Twitter accounts must be better than even I knew about 🤔

Seriously, I thought your last response was dumb. This one takes the cake 😆

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I made it all up?

Wow 😆

I guess I must have made up the angry tweets from Roaring Riot and others too. My skills at hacking Twitter accounts must be better than even I knew about 🤔

Seriously, I thought your last response was dumb. This one takes the cake 😆

Your perpetuating a false narrative doesn't require you to have made it up yourself. You simply see something you agree with, don't take the time to verify it, in case it's false and doesn't align with your weird views, and you post it, with a little editorializing. The usual suspects take it from there. It's not some big conspiracy, you do this all of the time, for fun or affirmation or whatever. You did it with the Baker eff them up quote too. You're still in that thread too, page SEVENTEEN! arguing as to why it 'might/could' still be true, despite the reporter and Mayfield saying that's not how it went down. 

Do you even know how to make an argument that's honest/not in bad faith?

4 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Your perpetuating a false narrative doesn't require you to have made it up yourself. You simply see something you agree with, don't take the time to verify it, in case it's false and doesn't align with your weird views, and you post it, with a little editorializing. The usual suspects take it from there. It's not some big conspiracy, you do this all of the time, for fun or affirmation or whatever. You did it with the Baker eff them up quote too. You're still in that thread too, page SEVENTEEN! arguing as to why it 'might/could' still be true, despite the reporter and Mayfield saying that's not how it went down. 

Do you even know how to make an argument that's honest/not in bad faith?

My first post was a quote of Roaring Riot's tweet, followed by my asking if anyone had taken part in this particular thing before mentioning that I saw some people complain about it online and acknowledging that free to $350 was a pretty steep price increase.

So since I didn't really say all that much about it myself, I guess what I can take from your post is that Roaring Riot was "creating a false narrative" and "acting in bad faith" by saying what he did.

Of course, given that you already said he was "using this story as a marketing opportunity", I probably shouldn't be surprised that you'd think that way.