• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4688380/cameron-ward

ESPN has him as 6’2”. I think some sites are pulling in for from the hockey player Cam Ward who appears to be around 6’0” or 6’1”

I guess that would make sense.  He is 6'3 here.  https://247sports.com/player/cameron-ward-46080717/

He looks big in those clips.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:50 PM, Martin said:

Yeah he is put in a bad situation, no doubt. But I feel we’ve seen years of outstanding college QBs from Ohio State amount to nothing in the NFL. Their system is just so good and they are always surrounded by elite talent. Just makes me hesitant.

Bingo!  I said that about Fields and got the 3rd degree for it. 

• Pie 2

For me it's:

1. Will Levis

2. Bryce Young

3. C.J. Stroud

I don't trust Ohio State QBs in the NFL. I'd be happy with Young, but his size does concern me.

Levis is the best balance of traits/experience/potential in this class, IMO. Get him a good offensive coach who can put together a staff that will develop him and his ceiling is absurdly high.

You guys are still sleeping on McCall.  Dude ain't the biggest, fastest or strongest arm, but all he does is ball out and win.  Kid twisted his ankle last game early in the 3rd quarter last week and already had a full game worth of stats in.  Even though his team was winning comfortably and the backup QB was holding his own, he STILL was pleading his case to the HC to come back in and finish the game on a bum ankle.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

You guys are still sleeping on McCall.  Dude ain't the biggest, fastest or strongest arm, but all he does is ball out and win.  Kid twisted his ankle last game early in the 3rd quarter last week and already had a full game worth of stats in.  Even though his team was winning comfortably and the backup QB was holding his own, he STILL was pleading his case to the HC to come back in and finish the game on a bum ankle.

I have nothing against him.  He checks most boxes.  The small school thing worries me a little and I don't think his arm as a strong as Young, Levis, and Ward, but arm strength obviously isn't everything...

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I have nothing against him.  He checks most boxes.  The small school thing worries me a little and I don't think his arm as a strong as Young, Levis, and Ward, but arm strength obviously isn't everything...

My biggest worry is the offense that CCU runs.  They run the option to set up the pass.  After getting burned in the option game, their opponents roll more defenders in the box and McCall lights them up.  I mean, if we get rid of this staff and get a new one that embraces RPO concepts, that would play to McCalls strengths. Of course fewer and fewer of these college QBs are coming into the League as pure pocket passers anyway.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1