• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Weis Factor

Mr. Scot

I see no problem with taking a look at Weis. Some imagination on offense could only help us. Obviously, he won't have a Tom Brady to work with, but there are good players to build around offensively, not least of which is a fine running attack if we can implement a passing game that keeps the other side 'honest'. However, it is a fair question to ask if bringing in Weis (or any OC for that matter) is doable with Fox in charge? I do not know what transpires on the Panthers sideline, if Davidson calls all of the offense, or if Fox consistently overrides him. I think Weis or any new OC should be brought in with a new HC, a new approach is needed all around. The only one I would retain is Meeks. We need a new ST coach as well.

His firing is now official per a statement from Notre Dame.

Both Peter King and Chris Mortensen have listed the Panthers among the favorites to land Weis, assuming Fox retains his job.

Fox could conceivably sell Richardson on the notion that adding Weis would be enough to turn things around.

This is a very real possibility.

If we bring in that Fat arrogant smug piece of sh i t then I will completely renounce my fanship of the Panthers.

Bye bye then. Sad to some call themself Panthers fan but won't support them anymore just because of some people they don't like are on the team. Typical of bandwagon jumper.

And fat? Some really love to use that word when they probably haven't look at themself. :lol:

His firing is now official per a statement from Notre Dame.

Both Peter King and Chris Mortensen have listed the Panthers among the favorites to land Weis, assuming Fox retains his job.

Fox could conceivably sell Richardson on the notion that adding Weis would be enough to turn things around.

This is a very real possibility.

Nothing would change, because Fox would be telling him what plays to run. There has been no appreciable change between Henning and Davidson, and I would not expect any between Davidson and Weis.

Nothing would change, because Fox would be telling him what plays to run. There has been no appreciable change between Henning and Davidson, and I would not expect any between Davidson and Weis.

That's true. But then with how he is supposely more closer than Weiss than Henning & Davidson, he might let him do whatever he want to. I still don't want Fox here though. I rather have Weiss here as a HC & Davidson is still the coordinator.

That's true. But then with how he is supposely more closer than Weiss than Henning & Davidson, he might let him do whatever he want to. I still don't want Fox here though. I rather have Weiss here as a HC & Davidson is still the coordinator.

You want Weis as the head coach?

:eek:

I suspect you're right about this ... Fox runs this offense.

It's just as well, I am not all that impressed with Weis, anyway. None of the Notre Dame fans I know are impressed with him, either.

wies has built the NE offense and one at ND. it would be intresting to say the least. his past success hinged on excellent qb play. we dont have that, but he would inherit a team that has an excellent rushing attack. imo, he would have alot more to work with at RB and on the OL than he did in NE or at ND.

1st, could he get his system to work with jake, moore, mcown, feeley, cantwel, or some rookie right off the bat? his success on offense when he got quinn and clausen playing extremely well. when clausen's light finally came on this year, that offense was stout. with quinn same thing. you think we have anyone on the roster that can be as effective as these 2 have been in college? in the pros he had brady, arguably one of the best to play the game.

2nd the ND offense has had good to great college WRs when it was at full strength, he would have 1 here in smith. could he get enough out of moore and dj or better yet use stewie and dwill out of the backfield?

3rd issue, what do you do once fox's contract is up? if we are back to the playoffs, and possibly in the SB, keep him. what happens if we have another shitty year? it would give him 1 more excuse, the offense didnt have the personel for the new system. do you want weis as the hc in waiting if fox fails next year to right the ship? personally i dont think its a wise idea for the HC to also be a primary coordinator.

Archived