• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our last two first round picks, Icky and Horn.....BUSTS

GOAT

Way too early for both. The game plan of heavy throwing and a screen on his side to open the game was monumentally stupid for his first game. We should have run that damn ball for the first quarter to build Ickey up some and give the passing game a better chance to establish itself.  

Horn needs to stay healthy and Ickey needs time...well we have a year of practice in front of us. We will know if he is a LT or an OG by the end of the year. I expect some more fug-ups along the way for both. It is what rookies do. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Way too early for both. The game plan of heavy throwing and a screen on his side to open the game was monumentally stupid for his first game. We should have run that damn ball for the first quarter to build Ickey up some and give the passing game a better chance to establish itself.  

Horn needs to stay healthy and Ickey needs time...well we have a year of practice in front of us. We will know if he is a LT or an OG by the end of the year. I expect some more fug-ups along the way for both. It is what rookies do. 

and Horn is a rookie.  Doesn't matter how much camp/studying/etc he has done.   He has played in 4 NFL games to date against weak competition.  

Horn still has yet to see a good QB at the NFL level.  Let alone a good QB paired w/ a good WR. 

I'm not worried about Horn or Icky.  

I do think we can start to judge Brown though. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

and Horn is a rookie.  Doesn't matter how much camp/studying/etc he has done.   He has played in 4 NFL games to date against weak competition.  

Horn still has yet to see a good QB at the NFL level.  Let alone a good QB paired w/ a good WR. 

I'm not worried about Horn or Icky.  

I do think we can start to judge Brown though. 

Yes and no to the rookie thing. He is basically a rookie form playing experience but he was near the team all last year and that is still a lot more experience than any rookie has right now. I think basically a rookie covers Horn but when you compare what Ickey is going through vs what Horn is going through it kind of an important distinction. Rookie adjacent? IDK, got to be an acceptable term for his situation. 

I agree about Ickey and Horn right now. Kind of on Brown. I need to see him in another scheme before I can get on board with being a 100% bust. I don't think we use him well at all and I think he is out of position. Stupid pick if that is how you use a top 10 pick when we could have taken a NT much later in any draft. I kind of would like to see him at LE in a 3-4.