• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Stewarts take on Carolina's issues - Lack of Identity

DaveThePanther2008

I am not sure if it is OK, so I'll wait for mod approval, but I watched Locked On Panthers podcast yesterday on Youtube and Jonathan Stewart was the guest co-host. 

#28 has some really interesting comments about the team and made a lot of sense.  He also repeated what many of us have said throughout the preseason that Rhule didn't give our O-line much time to Gel.  He also said this team didn't have an identity.

Mods please let me know if it is ok to include the link. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thanks, sorry about the duplicate post.  I didn't scroll all the way down on the front page.  

This was very interesting though because JS has been in the locker room and his insight of what's going on or in our case what is not going on.  

I was very interested in his take on our identity. 

The team has no identity. The 1st Rhule year they tapped into a little of that scrappy underdog that would be difficult to deal with, and was not an easy win on the schedule. They showed some promise. It never came to fruition though, and now we are looking at a perennial loser that bumbles and stumbles though games. Unfortunately its time to face the facts, we are that perennial loser, working on 4 straight seasons of 5 wins or less, and that makes us the Jets of the NFC. So that can be our identity now. It fits.

You have to put the blame on Rhule.  Someone posted the Panthers walking out of the tunnel the other day.  It was like a funeral.  There was no emotion, no energy and pretty much no nothing.   Hell, an LBGTQ parade has more energy.   It was a sad sight. 

Stewart made the comment about the talent we have on this team.  Those guys have to step up in Rhule absence.  Show some damn fire, emotion even pride.

Under Rivera, we may not have had the best team but damn there was some fight to them.