• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rex critical of Baker

top dawg

I was also high on Baker, but I now agree with the consensus.  Something is off/missing or he's not what I hoped he was.  It's a pick your poison at this point:

1. Sam - more accurate, but will throw interceptions.  However, when he's not throwing interceptions, he's moving the ball

2. Baker - no accuracy, but less interceptions.  Ball tends to not move.

I'm not even sure what is worse at this point!  I guess I have to say Baker is the lesser of the two evils.  However, if Baker tanks again, might as well just give Sam another roll.  That is painful to even suggest.

24 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He was a early FA signing going to his OLD coach.. So he Atleast had a idea of the system he was going to..

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariMa01.htm

But his numbers aren't that much better other then comp%.. But he throws alot of dink and dunk passes as well..

If your argument holds water then it's probably not a good idea for a coach on the hot seat to bring in a qb so late to learn a new system if in their minds they thought it was going to take a month or so into the season to get going.   They are way behind the 8 ball as it is.  

59 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If your argument holds water then it's probably not a good idea for a coach on the hot seat to bring in a qb so late to learn a new system if in their minds they thought it was going to take a month or so into the season to get going.   They are way behind the 8 ball as it is.  

What argument!! Marriota numbers are just as bad.. And I'm just happy they didn't pay alot or mortgage the future on this crap so far... You gave up cool.. I'll give it more then 3 weeks before I do...