• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Truth of the matter

Jmac

Just now, mav1234 said:

I think the defense is above average, as it was last year, but it always seems incapable of handling opponents second half adjustments.  That combined with awful offense means a lot of losses.

It's good enough to keep most games closeish at least in the first half if not a lead for us, despite our bad offense, which means a lot I think.

I get the feeling that once we play better offenses, we're not even going to look "above average".

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get the feeling that once we play better offenses, we're not even going to look "above average".

It's possible, but I think we still will. To me, that means between 16th and 10thish, btw, which imo does not mean a "great defense." I just think Snow is on the edge of competency and we have some excellent players on D.

I still think excellent offenses will absolutely run all over us in the 2nd half of games.

We will see because some real challenges do await them.

Just now, mav1234 said:

It's possible, but I think we still will. To me, that means between 16th and 10thish, btw, which imo does not mean a "great defense." I just think Snow is on the edge of competency and we have some excellent players on D.

I still think excellent offenses will absolutely run all over us in the 2nd half of games.

We will see because some real challenges do await them.

I agree about having excellent players on the defense.

Snow? Not so much.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I agree about having excellent players on the defense.

Snow? Not so much.

I like to think of Snow as someone that is likely an excellent college coordinator. The games are similar enough and our players good enough it means he can look good sometimes. But he fails to adjust the way the pro teams do and so I classify him as just outside of being a competent coach, heh. 

I also wonder if this year some of our other coaches really have had a positive impact on the D. But hard for sure to say until we get a better opponent...