• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The real owner we missed out on… Mark Richardson

TheBigKat

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not going to cry about us missing out on nepotism. And I don't think it actually mattered if we had a succession plan in place or not. It seemed pretty obvious that the league had made a deal with Tepper that he was next in line to get a team and they saw an opportunity to force out a geriatric owner to make it happen sooner than they had anticipated. Not to defend JR's actions, but I mean damn, Dan Snyder still hasn't been forced out yet 

And he never will be because he doesn't care about the NFL. The NFL knew they could poo on JR because they have been doing it his entire time as Panthers owner. Most owners would have burned down the NFL after getting shafted out of two SBs. Not JR he just loved the NFL that much. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

I am more upset we missed out on Brandon Beane

What a dumb ass move that was by Richardson.  They had Beane in the organization for years, I thought grooming him and he was close to a GM position AND instead of promoting Beane ... Jerry goes out and hires Gettleman so Beane walks out the door.   And I am not really sure this is hindsight, because many would have preferred Beane at the time also.  

13 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

You can only get so mad at the league when your beloved kicker shanks a kickoff and beloved QB fumbles account for most of your opponents points.

I know you young kids don't remember but the Patriots had all of our offensive plays and videos of us running them. That's why the fumbles happened and why the kickoff was important. Not to mention the league doesn't care if the Panthers get a SB because JR was never going to speak up like Kraft. 

• Pie 1