• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen funny tweet

Captain Morgan

13 hours ago, Captroop said:

If their greatness was due to their physicality.

Luke was the smartest guy on the field, and that's including both coaching staffs. He did more homework than an organic chemistry major. And he was able to recognize and counter what other teams were doing in real time. And more importantly he was able to explain how he saw what he saw, and why he did what he did. Individual contributors don't make good coaches, but he was already coaching when he was playing.

He's be a natural coach if he wanted to be.

Exactly. I’d start him at LB coach and then if he’s good there, move him up to DC. See no reason he wouldn’t be good at coaching. Hell he spent a lot of time coaching players DURING THE PLAYS. 

14 hours ago, Dunn said:

Great players rarely turn into good coaches.  

While I generally agree with that statement I think in most cases it is just because they are so physically gifted they did not have to study as much and relied more on their physical traits.  Luke while certainly talented physically also had to be very cerebral to play at the level he did.  I think those type players can make good coaches.