• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That doesn’t matter bud… there’s enough restructures out there where the Panthers can still manage to get under the salary cap next year… like I said, the Saints do it every year…

And as for Tepper spending, that’s not true at all… now you’d be talking about something that you don’t know… if you think that’s the case then why is his soccer team 27th out of 28th in salaries?

It matters that you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. On any of this. 

Of course they can get under. Just like this year. They borrowed future money for this years mess, on every available contract, and you think they should have thrown 5M more away to maybe have 2 wins. 

The Saints have done it for a decade while having a HOF QB/HC. Now they can’t cut/trade anybody they want because of the dead cap. They’re stuck with a below average team they have to restructure every year just to stay the same below average team. Payton knew what was coming. But they were a SB contender most years. Not fighting for the #1 overall pick before Halloween. 

I’m guessing his soccer team isn’t worth close to 3.5B. 

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

It matters that you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. On any of this. 

Of course they can get under. Just like this year. They borrowed future money for this years mess, on every available contract, and you think they should have thrown 5M more away to maybe have 2 wins. 

The Saints have done it for a decade while having a HOF QB/HC. Now they can’t cut/trade anybody they want because of the dead cap. They’re stuck with a below average team they have to restructure every year just to stay the same below average team. Payton knew what was coming. But they were a SB contender most years. Not fighting for the #1 overall pick before Halloween. 

I’m guessing his soccer team isn’t worth close to 3.5B. 

Bruh… if you want Tepper back just come to Charlotte and come pick him up…

This whole discussion was about ‘kicking the can’ to begin with and originally you and Growls were fine with it and thought it was a great idea and that teams should be allowed to do it and that teams that take advantage of it are more intelligent… but now the Saints are no longer intelligent… take a break and figure out what your argument is then come back and talk to me.

The Saints have figured it out for the past 10 years and even with all that poo they are still in a better situation than the Panthers.

So now Tepper will only spend money when it comes to things that are worth billions of dollars… keeping on making poo up lol.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Bruh… if you want Tepper back just come to Charlotte and come pick him up…

This whole discussion was about ‘kicking the can’ to begin with and originally you and Growls were fine with it and thought it was a great idea and that teams should be allowed to do it and that teams that take advantage of it are more intelligent… but now the Saints are no longer intelligent… they’ve figured it out for the past 10 years and even with all that poo they are still in a better situation than the Panthers.

So now Tepper will only spend money when it comes to things that are worth billions of dollars… keeping on making poo up lol.

I’m making rules up? That’s adorable. You basically made your own set of rules for a salary cap. Started railing it was unfair. All while not knowing.anything about rollover or how it all works. We stated it was the same for everybody. You just decided to keep digging the hole your ignorance put you in. 

What did they “figure” out? Everyone knows how to do what they do. Many choose not to. For this very reason. That why those watched Hendrickson, Armstead, Williams walk away in FA. And because they were desperate for a cheap OL to start, They traded their first pick away for Penning. So I’d probably go with the Panthers if I had to choose a situation to take over the Saints. 

And saying anyone would invest more in 3.5B football team over a soccer team not worth 1/10th of that is just common sense. 

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I’m making rules up? That’s adorable. You basically made your own set of rules for a salary cap. Started railing it was unfair. All while not knowing.anything about rollover or how it all works. We stated it was the same for everybody. You just decided to keep digging the hole your ignorance put you in. 

What did they “figure” out? Everyone knows how to do what they do. Many choose not to. For this very reason. That why those watched Hendrickson, Armstead, Williams walk away in FA. And because they were desperate for a cheap OL to start, They traded their first pick away for Penning. So I’d probably go with the Panthers if I had to choose a situation to take over the Saints. 

And saying anyone would invest more in 3.5B football team over a soccer team not worth 1/10th of that is just common sense. 

What rules did I make up? You come in here acting like you know more about the Panthers when you flat out have no idea what you are talking about.

Roll over doesn’t take into the account future spending… I can roll over $10M, it doesn’t mean that the $10M ever gets spent if there’s a set number that the organization won’t go over. Maybe the Panthers don’t want to get within $5M (I’m using $5M because that’s about what the roll over was last year) of the cap. That’s money saved if it never gets spent (i.e. the Panthers roll over $5M every year)… you keep saying it eventually gets spent and that’s not true… rolling over money does not equal spending money.

I can’t help you with your reading comprehension but for some odd reason you are stuck on this roll over argument that has nothing to do with the premise.

You sent an applauding gif to Growls’ post that stated criminalizing the maneuvering of the cap is ridiculous… that entire post was in reference to me stating that ‘kicking the can’ is something that the NFL should try to eliminate, specifically by shrinking the window that teams have to get cap compliant.

Now you are sitting here, back tracking, and saying the Saints are in a bad situation…

Go back and read the entire conversation…

Growls stated, ‘Trying to criminalize success on the field and intelligent maneuvering off of it doesn’t seem worthwhile’… so are the Saints intelligent or not? Because my original post referenced the Saints and Gayle Benson…

For fug’s sake learn to read, I shouldn’t have to go back and narrate the entire convo for you but here we are… 

Oh my God… no one said invest more in the soccer team than the football… I just said that the soccer team has the second lowest salary in the MLS… so the argument that he (Tepper) would spend to win isn’t 100% accurate.

Do yourself a favor and go buy Rosetta Stone because you are either misreading or misunderstanding everything I’m saying.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

What rules did I make up? You come in here acting like you know more about the Panthers when you flat out have no idea what you are talking about.

Roll over doesn’t take into the account future spending… I can roll over $10M, it doesn’t mean that the $10M ever gets spent if there’s a set number that the organization won’t go over. Maybe the Panthers don’t want to get within $5M (I’m using $5M because that’s about what the roll over was last year) of the cap. That’s money saved if it never gets spent… you keep saying it eventually gets spent and that’s not true… rolling over money does not equal spending money.

I can’t help you with the lack of common sense you have but for some odd reason you are stuck on this roll over argument that has nothing to do with the premise.

You sent a applauding gif to Growls’ post that stated criminalizing the maneuvering the cap is ridiculous… that entire post was in reference to me stating that ‘kicking the can’ is something that the NFL should try to eliminate, specifically by shrinking the window that teams have to get cap compliant.

Now you are sitting here back tracking and saying the Saints are in a bad situation…

Go back in read the entire conversation…

Growls stated, ‘Trying to criminalize success on the field and intelligent maneuvering off of it doesn’t seem worthwhile’… so are the Saints intelligent or not? Because my original post referenced the Saints and Gayle Benson…

For fug’s sake learn to read, I shouldn’t have to go back and narrate the entire convo for you but here we are… 

Oh my God… no one said invest more in the soccer team than the baseball… I just said that the soccer team has the second lowest salary in the MLS… so the argument that he (Tepper) would spend to win isn’t 100% accurate.

Do yourself a favor and go buy Rosetta Stone because you are either misreading or misunderstanding everything I’m saying.

You wanted to get rid of the cap because it’s not fair. We both have told you it all the same for everyone. You claim “internal budgets” and “Tepper gets to save 10M” which are both irrelevant and untrue. Now it’s some 5M a billionaire can collect when? Since it rollovers forever. 

What part of the salary cap would you like to discuss? Or the Panthers. You can talk around your incompetence all you want but everyone knows you’re in the weeds on this. Name one thing I posted that isn’t true. I’ve shown yours. 

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You wanted to get rid of the cap because it’s not fair. We both have told you it all the same for everyone. You claim “internal budgets” and “Tepper gets to save 10M” which are both irrelevant and untrue. Now it’s some 5M a billionaire can collect when? Since it rollovers forever. 

What part of the salary cap would you like to discuss? Or the Panthers. You can talk around your incompetence all you want but everyone knows you’re in the weeds on this. Name one thing I posted that isn’t true. I’ve shown yours. 

I never said it was not fair… I said that eliminating the ability to ‘kick the can’ would be helpful and I said that I prefer no cap (MLB) or a soft cap (NBA)… I think ‘kicking the can’ is a loophole that could be closed by shrinking the window to become cap compliant but I don’t think it’s unfair, after all, there isn’t a rule against it… once again, your reading comprehension is shining through.

I’ve told you teams have internal budgets and as soon as I get home I’ll search for the article that I was talking about earlier in regards to budgets. From a monetary standpoint, a team like the Jaguars is not operating on the same overall budget that the Cowboys operate on. I used the example earlier that the Hurricanes were previously what the NHL calls a cap floor team… meaning that they spend to the floor but not the cap. There are certainly NFL teams that follow this method, it’s obviously much harder to tell with roll over but if a team continues to roll over the same amount of space or a certain amount of space each year, it might be safe to assume that there’s a salary cap number that the organization doesn’t want to exceed. And as I mentioned before, contracts is only a smidge of the operating budget, but if $5M can be saved there then it’s $5M that the team doesn’t have to worry about going over. You don’t honestly think that teams don’t operate on budgets do you??? Every company has an overall internal budget.

I’ll wait for you response because I know if I send too much it’ll confuse you.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I never said it was not fair either… I said that eliminating the ability to kick the can would be helpful and I said the I prefer no cap (MLB) or a soft cap (NBA)… once again, your reading comprehension is shining through.

I’ve told you teams have internal budgets and as soon as I get home I’ll search for the article that I was talking about earlier in regards to budgets. From a monetary standpoint, a team like the Jaguars is not operating on the same overall budget that the Cowboys operate on. I used the example earlier that the Hurricanes were previously what the NHL calls a cap floor team… meaning that they spend to the floor but not the cap. There are certainly NFL teams that follow this method, it’s obviously much harder to tell with roll over but if a team continues to roll over the same amount of space or a certain amount of space each year, it might be safe to assume that there’s a salary cap number that the organization doesn’t want to exceed. And as I mentioned before, contracts is only a smidge of the operating budget but if $5M can be saved there then it’s $5M that the team doesn’t have to worry about going over. You don’t honestly think that teams don’t operate on budgets do you??? Every company has an overall internal budget.

I’ll wait for you response because I know if I send too much it’ll confuse you.

Just find me one NFL team that does that. Not NHL. The NFL has a floor and no one gets close to it. Teams rollover 100M and it will be gone 2 years later. The NFL is an ATM for owners. Nobody is trying to save 5M over the course of “how many” years again? Not per year. 5M total(lol) The Jags owner has as much money as Jones? What internal budget matters here? Every teams budget is the same for player salaries.

Everything you post confuses me. Most of it is made up. Wrapped up in a wall of words designed to deflect away from your previous ignorance. You complain that the Panthers didn’t invest enough in this team when, in fact, they did so much they mortgaged the future. To suck. But it wasn’t enough. Imagine what that magical 5M that Tepper is building another empire on. In 2030, would have done. 

Keep digging….

23 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Just find me one NFL team that does that. Not NHL. The NFL has a floor and no one gets close to it. Teams rollover 100M and it will be gone 2 years later. The NFL is an ATM for owners. Nobody is trying to save 5M over the course of “how many” years again? Not per year. 5M total(lol) The Jags owner has as much money as Jones? What internal budget matters here? Every teams budget is the same for player salaries.

Everything you post confuses me. Most of it is made up. Wrapped up in a wall of words designed to deflect away from your previous ignorance. You complain that the Panthers didn’t invest enough in this team when, in fact, they did so much they mortgaged the future. To suck. But it wasn’t enough. Imagine what that magical 5M that Tepper is building another empire on. In 2030, would have done. 

Keep digging….

Honestly, had a bunch of stuff typed up but what’s the point… I’m guessing we’re both gross ass men and hurling insults over this is dumb.

I personally believe there are internal budgets that teams adhere to and one method of adhering to those budgets is cutting salary, I’ve seen the Canes do it and it’s much easier to tell at the NHL level because there isn’t roll over.

I’ll also mention that having a net worth and value does not make that money readily available, football is not all that these owners care about.

I think it’s clear that the conversation is way off the ropes from my previous belief that that the NFL should do more to close the loophole of allowing teams to ‘kick the can.’

If you want to talk about that fine but I can honestly sit here and say I’d rather wax my balls then continue this conversation.