• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnell Washington

ncfan

We Have to go QB rd 1 and we all know we will go that direction.

but we really need to help the young guy.

One thing that’s a QBs best friend is a Solid TE.  We payed Ian Thomas, but that guy would be a TE 2 or 3 in any other roster.

Washington is a Massive human being and a good athlete.  He’s a Mauler as a blocker and a good enough receiver.  Having him and Tremble in 2TE sets is a dream, almost like Baltimore.

• Pie 1

I love Darnell, and he's moving up draft boards.  The kid over at Notre Dame is the concensus best TE on their boards, with grades in the teens (where Greg was drafted).

They say he is hall of fame material, been called baby Gronk since high school.  I run the draft mock machine at fanspeak about 30 times a day while working, and when I can get the ND kid (Mike Mayer) I've been taking him with the first pick of the second, turning down good offers for trade backs.

Darnell is always available on those big boards, and it would not be unheard of if both TEs went in the first before our 2nd pick.  Teams in the late 20s in the draft would see valuable versatile pass catcher still there at that point will take him.