• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, I just started a new gig

Khyber53

14 hours ago, Louie said:

I feel bad for those kids! That guy deserved life in prison! Good job on this story!

Yeah, those poor kids. And I really think they'd had a tough time of it for a while before this. Thanks for watching! We try to put these out every Thursday.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Not sure if this would be the type of story you would do, but the story of Fritz Klenner is probably one of the most sordid and tragic tales in the History of North Carolina.  The older folks might remember it, but younger people probably haven't.  

I grew up in the neighborhood where Fritz Klenner killed the old couple. My best friend's mom was the one who discovered them. (They also lived right across the street from Maya Angelou, a wonderful lady).

I remember the TV station breaking in in the middle of the afternoon cartoons to announce about the chase, wreck and explosion that killed Klenner, his girlfriend and her two kids. The tale behind that whole event is just jaw dropping. I've wanted to do it, but the guy who owns our channel says it's too old and won't draw much attention because there is no footage to work with. I disagree but I don't sign the checks, so...

And I think Velma Jean Barfield, North Carolina's poisoning black widow, would be excellent, too. And there's another nope for the same reasons.

The narrator and I are hoping he'll let us open up a spin-off channel that can cover older stories like those. Maybe someday we will get the chance.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I grew up in the neighborhood where Fritz Klenner killed the old couple. My best friend's mom was the one who discovered them. (They also lived right across the street from Maya Angelou, a wonderful lady).

I remember the TV station breaking in in the middle of the afternoon cartoons to announce about the chase, wreck and explosion that killed Klenner, his girlfriend and her two kids. The tale behind that whole event is just jaw dropping. I've wanted to do it, but the guy who owns our channel says it's too old and won't draw much attention because there is no footage to work with. I disagree but I don't sign the checks, so...

And I think Velma Jean Barfield, North Carolina's poisoning black widow, would be excellent, too. And there's another nope for the same reasons.

The narrator and I are hoping he'll let us open up a spin-off channel that can cover older stories like those. Maybe someday we will get the chance.

You and I grew up within a few miles of each other.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I listen to the Morbid podcasts a couple times a week. Alaina and Ash do a great job with the narration and commentary is terrific- it all comes down to chemistry between the story tellers.

It does. My buddy Jason is our narrator and he does a great job, I think. 

• 3 weeks later...

And the latest. A guy's wife goes missing, he knows she's gone, decides to head into work that day instead of calling the cops. Gives them a ring after he finishes his shift. Doesn't bother to join in the search parties, has a new girlfriend a couple of months later.