• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Peripheral

Cullenator

Chloe Grace Moretz has always irked me for some reason, so I ignored this show for the first couple of weeks it was out, but I finally decided to give it a try and it's pretty solid. The nosy deputy/ex-flame character seems superfluous, since the stakes for everyone are already super high, so those scenes are rather tedious. Otherwise the story is pretty tight and entertaining.  

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cullenator said:

OK now that the season is in the books gotta say Im happy with it.  Solid story telling and amazing world building.  I do hope the get a second season.

I think it will get a season 2 but it didn’t do what Amazon had hoped. Rings of Power was in the top 10 minutes streamed each week it was out and Peripheral didn’t just do less time, it did so much lesser it didn’t hit in the top 10 from weeks 2 to the finale so far. 

Yeah some shows just don't catch on.  And some shows require more viewing to build up the story.  I like it a lot and it has potential, a cool twist on time travel that you don't see often.  But I have a bad feeling. 

There are so many shows that fall into this though.  Though it got a proper finale (thankfully) I feel Dark on netflix still hasn't got the props it should get (amazing show) and those guys' new show 1899 is just as crazy but I worry people's attention spans will have a hard time.  Another like that was Leftovers but got an ending thankfully.