• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Metallica New Album 72 Seasons

Panthers Fan 69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So this album never hits the highs of Spit out the Bone but the lows aren't as low as the lows on Hardwired (Murder One I'm looking at you).  I've enjoyed the previous two albums, Death Magnetic was good but did feel like a bunch of ideas stitched together.  Hardwired as an improvement on that and had some real bangers (Spit out the Bone, Atlas, Moth, Dream No more).  I just feel this album is the best "overall" album since the black album.  It just flows nice and feels like a real thought-out collection of songs.  These guys are pushing 60 and I feel this is a natural sound of a band at their stage and to still be relevant is a big accomplishment.

James is the MVP of the album though, the vocals are his best work in a long time.  I heard them on Kimmel do Master and he sounded good live as well.   

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, Zaximus said:

So this album never hits the highs of Spit out the Bone but the lows aren't as low as the lows on Hardwired (Murder One I'm looking at you).  I've enjoyed the previous two albums, Death Magnetic was good but did feel like a bunch of ideas stitched together.  Hardwired as an improvement on that and had some real bangers (Spit out the Bone, Atlas, Moth, Dream No more).  I just feel this album is the best "overall" album since the black album.  It just flows nice and feels like a real thought-out collection of songs.  These guys are pushing 60 and I feel this is a natural sound of a band at their stage and to still be relevant is a big accomplishment.

James is the MVP of the album though, the vocals are his best work in a long time.  I heard them on Kimmel do Master and he sounded good live as well.   

Well said. My views as well. This may be their heaviest album if you don’t count st anger.  There is some real bottom end I haven’t heard these boys hit in a long time.