• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship Week

Catsfan69

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I don't really understand the playoff structure very well, how come Ohio State isn't playing another game like Georgia and Michigan?

Because they didn't qualify for their conference championship game. So just like Bama a few years ago, they essentially get an unearned bye week.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because they didn't qualify for their conference championship game. So just like Bama a few years ago, they essentially get an unearned bye week.

It's gonna be crazy when they expand the playoffs. I wonder how often guys declaring for the draft are going to opt out of those extra games. I think it would be a wild card round then an 8 team round, and then down to the 4 team system they have now?

27 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's gonna be crazy when they expand the playoffs. I wonder how often guys declaring for the draft are going to opt out of those extra games. I think it would be a wild card round then an 8 team round, and then down to the 4 team system they have now?

I don't think it'll be an issue. You don't see guys sitting out of playoff games or conference championship games, just the also ran bowls. They just let the bowl system grow so massive that going to a bowl game lost all prestige. You have to flat out suck now to not qualify for a bowl. It doesn't mean anything anymore. Then they changed the names of most of the bowls to corporate sponsors and people kind of lost track of the "real" bowl games. So now you have the playoffs and then to a much lesser extent the New Year's Eve six bowls and nothing else matters. That's just the real truth. Some of these bowls look like they're attended at the level of a local HS game.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it'll be an issue. You don't see guys sitting out of playoff games or conference championship games, just the also ran bowls. They just let the bowl system grow so massive that going to a bowl game lost all prestige. You have to flat out suck now to not qualify for a bowl. It doesn't mean anything anymore. Then they changed the names of most of the bowls to corporate sponsors and people kind of lost track of the "real" bowl games. So now you have the playoffs and then to a much lesser extent the New Year's Eve six bowls and nothing else matters. That's just the real truth. Some of these bowls look like they're attended at the level of a local HS game.

Very true. Seems like every time I think I make up a random sponsor to make fun of a bowl game, I google it and it ends up actually existing. I just googled Cheez-It bowl and that's a real thing somewhere

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Very true. Seems like every time I think I make up a random sponsor to make fun of a bowl game, I google it and it ends up actually existing. I just googled Cheez-It bowl and that's a real thing somewhere

A lot of it comes down to idiotic match making too. The conference tie-ins need to stop. I mean, you end up with matchups like Wake Forest vs. South Carolina in say El Paso, TX. Who in the fug is going to that game? That makes no sense. But put that game in Charlotte and it's a different story.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

First:  I WOKE UP FEELING THE CHEESIEST COACH!

Second: Cheez-It is sponsoring two bowls this year! There are far too many bowls. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1