• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Credit?

CPcavedweller

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I never once said nor suggested we couldn’t score points with a good offensive coordinator. I suggested that if we got a good one, he would be gone in a couple years and we would be looking to replace that system of his and style of coaching that worked. Having an offensive minded coach like Reid helps because the OC can move on but the offense typically remains.

You can say the same about a defense.  Wilks has a great defensive mind.  I like his style and the way we play.  If we have a good offensive coordinator there is always someone that is working with him who can keep that style going.  

IMO it is choose your poison.  You are going to lose coordinators if you have a successful team.  The hope is that protégés are in the organization that can continue that success you have on either side of the ball.