• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

9 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Clayton Tune looked pretty solid tonight.  He’s going to have teams peeking interest. I see him, Haener and O’Connell rising on boards from here on out.

Haener is solid, but looks a little undersized and already has an injury history now. I’m interested in O’Connell and need to do some research on him. He is interesting, because he his team was probably outmatched from a talent standpoint vs other Big10 schools and he is still getting some attention.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Haener is solid, but looks a little undersized and already has an injury history now. I’m interested in O’Connell and need to do some research on him. He is interesting, because he his team was probably outmatched from a talent standpoint vs other Big10 schools and he is still getting some attention.

Haener & O'Connell probably lead the class behind Bryce in the competitive toughness category but Haener no doubt needs to fill out his frame.    

Comparing the two, both have a ton to like but their arms and athleticism hold them back.  Haener has the edge over Aidanin both those depts, but Aidan has been a proven record coming back and having GWDs against top competition.  He stands tall and really sees the middle of the field well.  David Bell at WR helped but still, he's shown a lot.

Buut I just love Haener's vibe on the field--pocket feel, accuracy and placement.  That was a different team all together when he was out.  Fresno State's offense wasn't some machine that kept running without him.  But 6'1 195ish, you need some Young level intangibles to be considered R1-2.  

Both strike me as 3rd-6th rounders that could become a starter for the right team down the road.  Kind of the Cousins path.  

I just look at them compared to a Duggan, Hall, Hooker, or Rattler and they're just so much better refined as a passer and really live in that QB mindset.

Tune has even more traits than those two and the Senior Bowl could catapult him.  Time will tell on that front but he's the one to watch that could sniff QB4, more than likely QB5 in this class.  I can see teams buying in on him over any of these guys mentioned once Richardson is off the board.

• Pie 2