• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time for Another Matthias Rant

Matthias

Someone's knocking at the door...

Somebody's ringing the bell...

Someone's knocking at the door...

Somebody's ringing the bell...

Do me a favor

Open the door

Let 'Em In!!!

(Opens the door....................Steve Wilks is standing there)

SHUT THAT MOTHER F'CKING DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I don't see how anyone would want to see this guy back when he (and this team) outright gave Tampa Bay that game, effectively ending the season. (Let's not mention the pathetic lost to the Steelers).  Now, I hear the idiotic mainstream sports media all jumping on the Wilks bandwagon.  People who don't really know Panther football.  Saying he deserves the job simply because we got a few wins in a putrid division. (They seem to forget that part)  Now, does Wilks deserve a HC job?  I would say yes.  Just not here!!!  I've seen enough.  Also, in spite of the reports saying he's not anyone's buddy concerning the team, I think he most certainly is a lot of player's friend.  This team needs a swift kick in the A*S*S* after that loss.  We need an overhaul at some positions.  I don't need to see CJ Henderson back next year,  I don't need to see Keith Taylor back, I'm thinking we might need change at the TE position, basically changes Wilks is not capable of making.  If he was capable of making changes, he would have made a change in game to stop Brady from throwing those bombs to Evans!

Out! Out! Out!  This dude needs to be out!  The longer he's here after the season is over, the more bothered I'm probably going to get.  With names like Sean Peyton, Jim Harbaugh, heck, possibly even Mike McDaniel on the market, I would be utterly shocked if Tepper remained with Wilks.  I would rather see this team thrown into a black hole, forever buried and never see light again.  All that said, I'll wait and see what this team does.  On a personal note, I don't think Wilks has a ghost of a chance.  He would have had to made the superbowl in order to have a chance with Tepper.  I have no insider info on that, its just the feeling I have concerning Tepper.  He begrudgingly got rid of Rhule after that foolish contract he gave him, so I'm betting he's ready to burn the whole thing to the ground.

We have a stable offensive line.  We have a solid defense with young guys.  All we need is a capable QB, a capable 2nd corner, and I wouldn't mind seeing us get a capable ILB to sure up that core.

• Poo 1

(Sorry for the double post, can't edit my op anymore)

Can someone answer this question for me.  I've read the opinions in other threads on the forum.  It definitely appear we have people who would be cool with Wilks as head coach.  Now I'm not the opinion police, and certainly agree all are equal.  There's no right nor wrong in that category.  However, I'm going to dig a little deep here.  How on earth can you support Wilks after that lost?  Realize we lost that game because we gave up not one, not two, THREE MAGIC BOMBS FROM THE HEAVENS TO MIKE EVANS!.  Plays that could have easily been avoided by the simplest adjustments that a grade school coaching staff would have made.  How do you support that kind of incompetence?

I think it's because Rhule was so bad that only being slightly below .500 against average to bad teams seems crazy good.  I think it's the measuring stick he's being compared to.  An average coach seems great when they replaced a terrible one. 

• Pie 2

I mean, I'm okay with Wilks simply because getting stressed out over it isn't going to change anything. I'll keep supporting the players regardless of who the coaches are and hopefully things will line up for us fans to experience cheering in the postseason again. 🙏

• Beer 1