• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about Matt Corral

jfra78

The 2:48 marker from this video is when I knew Corral wouldn't be an NFL QB. He doesn't recognize the pressure and isn't used to the speed of an NFL defense...and these are back ups. He tries to escape and then embarrassingly tries to switch the ball to his left hand and throw the ball risking a fumble and definitely resulting in an intentional grounding penalty. This play reminded me of something a kid would do playing against adults in a back yard football game. Like ah idk wtf I'm doing let me just try to get rid of this thing.

Honestly his other highlights in this video are bad too. But this is the play where I knew.

5 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

If he balls out the road back home will be uphill for the naysayers.

Point Reaching GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Grab this hand NOW before you end up looking silly like my friend @LinvilleGorge

And if he doesn't, you'll just keep harping on it anyway because you seem to lack any self awareness as to how bad it makes you look. But you do you because it's fun to laugh at.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The 2:48 marker from this video is when I knew Corral wouldn't be an NFL QB. He doesn't recognize the pressure and isn't used to the speed of an NFL defense...and these are back ups. He tries to escape and then embarrassingly tries to switch the ball to his left hand and throw the ball risking a fumble and definitely resulting in an intentional grounding penalty. This play reminded me of something a kid would do playing against adults in a back yard football game. Like ah idk wtf I'm doing let me just try to get rid of this thing.

Honestly his other highlights in this video are bad too. But this is the play where I knew.

I can honestly only remember one play where I was like, "Okay. That looked like an actual NFL QB." He hit a nice swing pass to a RB on the sideline. It wasn't spectacular. The pass maybe travelled five yards downfield. But it was a nice throw that's kinda sneaky hard to make. But that was the lone bright spot for me. There were a lot more of the "Oh god, this kid is in waaaaaaay over his head." type plays.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And if he doesn't, you'll just keep harping on it anyway because you seem to lack any self awareness as to how bad it makes you look. But you do you because it's fun to laugh at.

Hasn't played a down and you're already scared AND you seem to think he was PREPARED by somebody besides himself and mental reps to even give it a go in a "game?/practice with THIRD STRING.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

YOU are hating on a man for a glorified PRACTICE?

Hasn't played a DOWN.

Check yourself before you check ripp.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Hasn't played a down and you're already scared AND you seem to think he was PREPARED by somebody besides himself and mental reps to even give it a go in a "game?/practice with THIRD STRING.

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

YOU are hating on a man for a glorified PRACTICE?

Hasn't played a DOWN.

Check yourself before you check ripp.

Watch. Tape.

You didn't even acknowledge the tape I just posted of the Patriots tape. Not to mention, he was visibly out performed by Howell in that game. Also a late round rookie with limited practice reps playing with 3rd stringers.

Howell is going to the Commanders starting QB next season. Matt will probably not get a jersey this year.

Edited by GOAT

Just now, rippadonn said:

Watch College Tape Because Matt Rhules whole camp was amateur b*llshit and if you believe ANYTHING from Matt Rhule your middle name must be @LinvilleGorge

I'm not watching college tape from a guy that has NFL tape. Watch it and weep. TMJ, Tremble and Foreman were on the field with him. Bad throw after bad throw. Panicked rushes and scrambling. Bad decision making like the play I highlighted. Short throws that would be intercepted by starters. Hospital balls.

There really wasn't a single bright moment in his NFL tape, like there was with Howell is now a starter. It's really easy to identify these things early on.

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Watch College Tape Because Matt Rhules whole camp was amateur b*llshit and if you believe ANYTHING from Matt Rhule your middle name must be @LinvilleGorge

Why do you insist on making a clown of yourself going hard in the paint on long shots? When have you ever been right on one of these? How are you so absent of self awareness keep doing this?

• Poo 1

Just now, GOAT said:

I'm not watching college tape from a guy that has NFL tape. Watch it and weep. TMJ, Tremble and Foreman were on the field with him. Bad throw after bad throw. Panicked rushes and scrambling. Bad decision making like the play I highlighted. Short throws that would be intercepted by starters. Hospital balls.

There really wasn't a single bright moment in his NFL tape, like there was with Howell is now a starter. It's really easy to identify these things early on.

You and @LinvilleGorge live in another dimension where Matt Corral was in camp and prepared by coaches to start in a glorified practice with first and second stringers who give a great insight into what a real GameDay line and QB game plan by NFL coaches and players would look like in a Matt Corral QB'd offense.

I'm not the delusional one here. He was never prepared, got 0 reps with ANYBODY in the NFL.

AND there IS no NFL GAME TAPE OF MATT CORRAL IN A PANTHERS OFFENSE. You have imagined the whole thing.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why do you insist on making a clown of yourself going hard in the paint on long shots? When have you ever been right on one of these? How are you so absent of self awareness keep doing this?

I'm going to sooooooo clown you when Corral balls out after having been coached and prepared.

It's more likely than not in my assessment and that of the Panthers organization.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

You and @LinvilleGorge live in another dimension where Matt Corral was in camp and prepared by coaches to start in a glorified practice with first and second stringers who give a great insight into what a real GameDay line and QB game plan by NFL coaches and players would look like in a Matt Corral QB'd offense.

I'm not the delusional one here. He was never prepared, got 0 reps with ANYBODY in the NFL.

AND there IS no NFL GAME TAPE OF MATT CORRAL IN A PANTHERS OFFENSE. You have imagined the whole thing.

haha okay man, I get that you're trying to be somewhat funny but also hitch your wagon to an underdog so you can feel like the man if a longshot player makes it. 

I live in Ventura County, Matt is our hometown guy out here. I was stoked to see the Panthers draft him, I wanted him to workout. I was the same with Clausen who was from out here. I knew right away though that he wasn't it, just like with Corral.

There is tape, you're denying it. True NFL QB's can shine no matter the circumstances. I never agree with Linville on anything and I hate UNC, but Howell straight up out performed him in the same scenario with our old coaching staff that doesn't know how to prepare anyone either.

Everything's going to be okay, we're going to trade up for our guy and you will fall in love. I'll remember to tag you in the "Matt Corral waived by Panthers" thread in a couple years from now. Hopefully we will both laugh it off as our new franchise QB begins to soar.