• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade 9 for Fields - straight up?

musicman

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

Not saying they wouldn't find teams interested,   just not sure who'd give up a top 10 pic for him.  Perhaps I'm not seeing his value correctly,  but thus is my perspective until I actually see any team willing to trade a top 10 pic for 2 years of a rookie contract. 

What would be a better option for Carolina, ATL, LV, and others? 

Anthony Richardson who is way behind where Fields was in college. 

Will Levi’s if he’s even there

Carr at 30-35M/yr

Trade 3 1sts for an unknown QB? 

Field for 2 years at 10M after already showing major improvements and having the 2nd most rushing yards by a QB. Ever. With a team in tank mode. I’m sure ATL would mind bringing him back home. The Panthers paid Sam Darnold more than Fields will make over his entire rookie contract. Plus multiple picks. 

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don’t like giving up 5 years of a rookie QB contract for only 2.. But depending on compensation I might be interested in Fields he is a more polished Richardson…

It would be 3 if you’re going to use the 5th year option on one, you have to on the other. He was more polished than Richardson is now, when he got to GA. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, csx said:

Contract length is a valid point. I don't think it's something this staff is going to do anyways though 

The Bears staff is never going to do it. But thinking teams wouldn’t be trying to get him isn’t realistic. And I would take him over any other option the Panthers have right now. 

So no, I wouldn't do it and there's no reason why the Bears would either as they don't have his successor. There would need to be extreme bad blood going on for this to even be feasible. Nobody is going to offer enough for him for them to bite.

Edited by csx

10 minutes ago, csx said:

I'm sure someone would trade for him but the question is the compensation.

He's not shown yet to worth the 11th the Bears originally spent so it's hard to expect someone giving up more than that.  

Had Cam by his 2nd year. Of course. And Fields with slightly lower TDs and INTs, higher completion percentage, and a rushing season that far surpassed anything Cam ever did hasn’t proven worth the 11th? And teams won’t take a chance on that production, in the NFL, over having to pay 3 1sts for a hopeful prospect. These QBs aren’t Elway, Luck, Manning, Trevor. Not close to sure things. 

24 minutes ago, csx said:

So no, I wouldn't do it and there's no reason why the Bears would either as they don't have his successor. There would need to be extreme bad blood going on for this to even be feasible. Nobody is going to offer enough for him for them to bite.

Bears have a new GM who didn't draft him.

It's why im not ruling out them trading Fields. The new GM could fall in love with 1 of those top QB's in the draft.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, csx said:

Bears have the #1 pick so they could draft Young or Stroud as the successor but I agree no team is giving up a high 1st or what it would take to trade for Fields. 

Edited by Ball4life
  • Poo 1