• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

On 2/19/2023 at 1:13 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you trying to convince me that Carr is legit when the team he played for just let him leave?

Cmon bruh these are professionals who know the game of football and they clearly didn't think Carr was elite. 

You just don't let a elite QB walk out the door.

"Elite" is subjective and serves no purpose to this conversation.  I said Carr is legit, because he is.  He is not Sam Darnold.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats coach speak 100%.  There is no way any of those dudes get hired without giving their thoughts on the qbs in the draft and the overall qb situation.  Also I dont think Reich needs to sit down with the coaches to discuss what carr may or may not be. 

Oh, I don't doubt one bit that that's exactly what he'll do. He's made that quite clear.

Reich has made clear that he's not a "my way, deal with it" type of guy. And interview questions with one person at a time arent substantive discussion.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I concur!

Let me put it another way...

Which one of us is claiming to know what the team and certain players are thinking despite the fact that it goes totally against what's actually being reported?

Cuz see, someone like that is who I would consider a know-it-all 😆

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which one of us is claiming to know what the team and certain players are thinking despite the fact that it goes totally against what's actually being reported?

IDGAF what Carr is thinking, or you for that matter. I listen to people who know more than you, some of them being former execs---including GMs---all day long. 

This isn't rocket science. Most people think the Jets won't move until they at least know what's going to go on with Rodgers. Moreover, as I've already stated, there are people who know the Jets way more than you do who think that they'll make a play for Jackson as well. They can't do these things if they sign Carr to a contract to early. If you can't understand such simple strategy, I don't know what to tell you. A child can understand that line of thinking.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

"Elite" is subjective and serves no purpose to this conversation.  I said Carr is legit, because he is.  He is not Sam Darnold.

He's legit to you. To me he is a middle of the pack QB. He fits in the middle. I don't consider that legit in my book.

The legit guys actually make the playoffs year in and year out despite what's going on on the other side of the ball.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And furthermore, don't be a hypocrite. You had a problem with Hondo and Rappaport reporting that the Mark-Davis-is-broke narrative was bullshit. You pick and choose what you want to believe even if the story doesn't make sense at all. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You are a piece of work.lol

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

IDGAF what Carr is thinking, or you for that matter. I listen to people who know more than you, some of them being former execs---including GMs---all day long. 

This isn't rocket science. Most people think the Jets won't move until they at least know what's going to go on with Rodgers. Moreover, as I've already stated, there are people who know the Jets way more than you do who think that they'll make a play for Jackson as well. They can't do these things if they sign Carr to a contract to early. If you can't understand such simple strategy, I don't know what to tell you. A child can understand that line of thinking.

Yet you said you knew what Carr was thinking. It's pretty obvious that you actually don't.

As far as the Jets, you said you don't think they like Carr that much, but...

They're exploring their options, and Carr is one of them.

You say you prefer to listen to people that know more, and yet you make statements contradicting those people.

Again, who's the know-it-all? 🤔

26 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And furthermore, don't be a hypocrite. You had a problem with Hondo and Rappaport reporting that the Mark-Davis-is-broke narrative was bullshit. You pick and choose what you want to believe even if the story doesn't make sense at all. 

Again, ironic 😄

Sorry, but believing a guy from a Raiders fan site versus a guy who works for a legitimate outlet doesn't work for me.

And someone else already explained to you how the Raiders "cash poor" thing works, if you were listening. I can try to find it again for you if you need.

Edited by Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yet you said you knew what Carr was thinking. It's pretty obvious that you actually don't.

As far as the Jets, you said you don't think they like Carr that much, but...

They're exploring their options, and Carr is one of them.

You say you prefer to listen to people that know more, and yet you make statements contradicting those people.

Again, who's the know-it-all? 🤔

isnt Rodgers owed like 60 million next year?  Damn that is totally redlining things by trading assets and paying him that for potentially one maybe 2 years

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

isnt Rodgers owed like 60 million next year?  Damn that is totally redlining things by trading assets and paying him that for potentially one maybe 2 years

The Jets have Hackett as their OC. Also I believe another coach associated with Rodgers  whose name I don't remember.

Add that to the Packers statement that they would only trade Rodgers to an AFC team and that's where the dots start connecting.

Still, yeah that's a load.