• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I prefer Frank Reich as a source.

Yeah, there's no such thing as coach-speak. And human nature is a myth as well. 

I'm sure that you believe everything as literal that comes out of Reich's mouth--hell everyone's mouth. There's no meaning behind anything at anytime, huh? You take everything at face value, huh? 

The fact that Carr could be signed while we're still evaluating effectively means nothing. 

It's all just black and white.

The world according to Scot.

Edited by top dawg

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, there's no such thing as coach-speak. And human nature is a myth as well. 

I'm sure that you believe everything as literal that comes out of Reich's mouth--hell everyone's mouth. There's no meaning behind anything at anytime, huh? You take everything at face value, huh? 

The fact that Carr could be signed while we're still evaluating effectively means nothing. 

It's all just black and white.

The world according to Scot.

Well, I suppose the alternative would be believing that nobody ever tells the truth but luckily I'm smart enough to know what they're really saying.

But of course, that would make me a know-it-all.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Well, I suppose the alternative would be believing that nobody ever tells the truth but luckily I'm smart enough to know what they're really saying.

But of course, that would make me a know-it-all.

The wise man knows how to discriminate between the shades of gray. But you obviously don't do that. Or, perhaps you do when it suits your narrative. I call that manipulation.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Sure is.

There's an old saying that goes something along the lines of "There is no fool quite so foolish as the one who thinks himself wise."

Your thing (again) is to boast that you're someone who knows what's really going on no matter what anybody says, including the people whose thoughts and actions you're actually claiming to describe.

As was pointed out on the other thread though, the facts of these situations and the people involved have a somewhat inconsiderate habit of contradicting you.

My preference Is generally to take what people say seriously unless they give me a reason not to, especially when their actions are consistent with their words.

You can proclaim yourself too smart for that sort of thing If you wish, but it works for me 🙂

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I want Lamar.

You want Carr.

Poll all NFL GM's and I guarantee you all them would take Lamar over Carr.

Jokes on you.

Wrong...again.

I don't "want" Carr so much as I'm okay with the idea of us signing him...and equally okay if we go in a different direction because I think our current leadership Is trustworthy (I've said as much multiple times).

The nuance you miss (one of many) as far as the situation though is that it's not as simple as "I want this guy" or "I want that guy". When looking at acquiring a particular player, GMs and coaches have to look at things like injury history (and probability), cost and other factors.

They don't just say "Well, he won MVP four years ago so let's give up ten picks to get him", at least not if they're smart.

As mentioned, you have something you want to see happen and you filter every single thing through that lens. Quick hint: that kind of filter has a really nasty habit of distorting things. Hence why you keep saying things that multiple people have told you are off the mark or inconsistent.

Prime example: Your suggestion that getting fired automatically proves you're bad. You say that because of Carr, but miss the fact that in doing so you're also saying the same thing about our head coach. And that's just one example, again, of many.

Hence why I've tried a couple of times to tell you that you need to cool it on acting like you know more than others when you pretty clearly demonstrated that you don't.

As mentioned before, It's okay to not know things...but when you don't and claim you do, well... 🙄

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

There's an old saying that goes something along the lines of "There is no fool quite so foolish as the one who thinks himself wise."

Your thing (again) is to boast that you're someone who knows what's really going on no matter what anybody says, including the people whose thoughts and actions you're actually claiming to describe.

As was pointed out on the other thread though, the facts of these situations and the people involved have a somewhat inconsiderate habit of contradicting you.

My preference Is generally to take what people say seriously unless they give me a reason not to, especially when their actions are consistent with their words.

You can proclaim yourself too smart for that sort of thing If you wish, but it works for me 🙂

Well, because you obviously prefer to discuss things on such a literal if not elementary, or even boring level perhaps you'll understand this: Reich has yet to say that the Panthers are bringing in Derek Carr. He had the opportunity to, but he said that he's got other priorities at the moment. 

All the discussion and excitement about Carr in regards to the Panthers' interest might even be considered premature.

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well, because you obviously prefer to discuss things on such a literal if not elementary, or even boring level perhaps you'll understand this: Reich has yet to say that the Panthers are bringing in Derek Carr. He had the opportunity to, but he said that he's got other priorities at the moment. 

All the discussion and excitement about Carr in regards to the Panthers' interest might even be considered premature.

Reich also didn't say he liked CJ Stroud, so I guess we can presume he doesn't like him either....

...or not.

What Reich actually said was that he hadn't met with his staff to even begin going over things like our current roster, free agent options, draft picks, etc.

And as has been said elsewhere, the front office likes Carr but won't presume on Reich the way the Colts did.

Is that really such a hard thing to believe?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reich also didn't say he liked CJ Stroud, so I guess we can presume he doesn't like him either....

...or not.

What Reich actually said was that he hadn't met with his staff to even begin going over things like our current roster, free agent options, draft picks, etc.

And as has been said elsewhere, the front office likes Carr but won't presume on Reich the way the Colts did.

Is that really such a hard thing to believe?

Reich wasn't asked about Stroud. Stroud is a draft prospect that we might not ever get, even if we want him. Furthermore, Reich isn't going to tip his hand about any draft prospect. On the other hand, Reich was asked about Carr, a longtime veteran free agent that's out there for the taking (so to speak) and was simply asked if we would bring him in, and was noncomittal about it. The situations are totally different. What a silly comparison.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Reich wasn't asked about Stroud. Stroud is a draft prospect that we might not ever get, even if we want him. Furthermore, Reich isn't going to tip his hand about any draft prospect. On the other hand, Reich was asked about Carr, a longtime veteran free agent that's out there for the taking (so to speak) and was simply asked if we would bring him in, and was noncomittal about it. The situations are totally different. What a silly comparison.

The analogy is pretty clearly escaping you here.