• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

Every year we get these castoff QB's and people continue to fall for the trap.

"But Carr is better than Darnold, Mayfield, Bridgewater"

Okay? We need a franchice QB not a QB that's just better than the previous QB's. The goal is to win a championship. Signing 32 year old QB who is a middle of the pack QB is not helping us reach that goal.

Either trade for a true franchise QB or draft one and develop them. What you don't do is go in between and get those QB's who are just good enough to make you a middle of the road team. Carr has 1 playoff appearance in his entire 9 year career.

But you trying to sell me on that?

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Okay? We need a franchice QB not a QB that's just better than the previous QB's. The goal is to win a championship. Signing 32 year old QB who is a middle of the pack QB is not helping us reach that goal.

Either trade for a true franchise QB or draft one and develop them. What you don't do is go in between and get those QB's who are just good enough to make you a middle of the road team. Carr has 1 playoff appearance in his entire 9 year career.

Carr was ranked in between Pickett and Darnold on the end of year list. We don't need yet another fix it project. He's not even a Kirk Cousins level threat, if the Saints or Bucs took Carr this whole board would not be scared of playing him twice a year. Definition of just a guy

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'd be surprised if it happens at this point, but it's still a possibility.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/panthers-coach-frank-reich-addresses-the-derek-carr-speculation

I'm thinking that it's a thing where you strike while the iron is hot, but Reich is being noncommittal. I mean, you really can't argue with his reasoning, but I think that if Carr was valued more highly, then we'd be acting with a little more urgency. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Carr was ranked in between Pickett and Darnold on the end of year list. We don't need yet another fix it project. He's not even a Kirk Cousins level threat, if the Saints or Bucs took Carr this whole board would not be scared of playing him twice a year. Definition of just a guy

Im not even saying he's a bad QB. Im just saying he's not the answer for this team.

Carr needs to be on a loaded roster to get the best out of him. I been suggesting the 49ers.

As you said any of the teams in the NFC South Carr is not scaring any teams in this division. Why would we want that for the next 3 years?

I guess people just don't want to give up assets to get a true franchise QB. It's kind of sad to come to this board everyday and the majority of the talk is Derek Carr.

Out of all the QB's we talking about Derek Carr...

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/panthers-coach-frank-reich-addresses-the-derek-carr-speculation

I'm thinking that it's a thing where you strike while the iron is hot, but Reich is being noncommittal. I mean, you really can't argue with his reasoning, but I think that if Carr was valued more highly, then we'd be acting with a little more urgency. 

Or maybe it's that, you know, he hasn't met with his staff to discuss what they want to do yet.

You know, like he said 😕

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's a possibility but like you said if we were really interested I think a meeting would be happening sometime soon.

We should know soon because Aaron Rodgers is basically holding up the Carr suitors.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not even saying he's a bad QB. Im just saying he's not the answer for this team.

Carr needs to be on a loaded roster to get the best out of him. I been suggesting the 49ers.

As you said any of the teams in the NFC South Carr is not scaring any teams in this division. Why would we want that for the next 3 years?

I guess people just don't want to give up assets to get a true franchise QB. It's kind of sad to come to this board everyday and the majority of the talk is Derek Carr.

Out of all the QB's we talking about Derek Carr...

I don't really want Lamar either if that's been a part of this, I was working most the day so not sure how this has evolved. I'm in the get Brissett/Minshew/Darnold if we have to vet camp and I like going up for Stroud or taking Hooker on day 2 mindset. If Hooker isn't the guy he's your backup for 4 years, I think he's instantly better than Teddy B, best case a Kirk Cousins with wheels kinda guy

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Both things can be right.

Not really.

We know from various sources that the front office likes him, but they're not going to proceed without agreement from Reich. And Reich's not going to proceed until he's met with his staff.

So no, the notion that we'd have moved sooner if we were really interested doesn't hold water.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I don't really want Lamar either if that's been a part of this, I was working most the day so not sure how this has evolved. I'm in the get Brissett/Minshew/Darnold if we have to vet camp and I like going up for Stroud or taking Hooker on day 2 mindset. If Hooker isn't the guy he's your backup for 4 years, I think he's instantly better than Teddy B, best case a Kirk Cousins with wheels kinda guy

Our young friend here wants the Panthers to trade the farm for Lamar Jackson and views all football reality through that lens.

(hence his propensity to make claims that are... questionable).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Our young friend here wants the Panthers to trade the farm for Lamar Jackson and views all football reality through that lens.

(hence his propensity to make claims that are... questionable).

In that case just take AR at 9 or trade 9 for Fields and build a great defense in FA. Lamar has the shelf life of a running back and coming off 2 years of injuries it's close to the end

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

In that case just take AR at 9 or trade 9 for Fields and build a great defense in FA. Lamar has the shelf life of a running back and coming off 2 years of injuries it's close to the end

Yes, but he won the MVP four years ago.

(seriously, that's part of his argument) 😕

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really.

We know from various sources that the front office likes him, but they're not going to proceed without agreement from Reich. And Reich's not going to proceed until he's met with his staff.

So no, the notion that we'd have moved sooner if we were really interested doesn't hold water.

To you it doesn't. I've already heard a couple of people, including Chris Canty say otherwise.