• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Depends on how long you need Donald to start I suppose.  Say you think you can have the rookie ready enough by mid season then maybe to could tolerate Sam for that long.  I think you could win most of those games with him until you let the rookie take over from there. If the rookie is a full season away then that changes things a bit. It's a tough call either way. 

The coaches would have to have an extremely high level of confidence in the rookie, otherwise they're likely destroying the team's chances at a winning season by putting their eggs in Darnold's basket.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The only way I could see that happening is if they believe one of the rookies is ready to start now.

Is there anyone you think fits that scenario?

Stroud IMO.  He works well in a system, has great ball placement and tries to play a clean game.   Maybe young but he will be hurt by week 5

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The only way I could see that happening is if they believe one of the rookies is ready to start now.

Is there anyone you think fits that scenario?

I don't watch college ball very often.  On the rare occasion that I do, the talent level mismatches tend to distort reality to the point where I don't trust what I'm seeing.  Too many of these top ten rookie QBs look like they're totally lost in the pro game.

I wouldn't put all my eggs in the rookie basket.  Hence, I wouldn't want the next guy up to be Sam Darnold.  

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I don't watch college ball very often.  On the rare occasion that I do, the talent level mismatches tend to distort reality to the point where I don't trust what I'm seeing.  Too many of these top ten rookie QBs look like they're totally lost in the pro game.

I wouldn't put all my eggs in the rookie basket.  Hence, I wouldn't want the next guy up to be Sam Darnold.  

That would seem to put you in the "sign Carr" camp, but I'm not sure that's really where you are.

8 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The coaches would have to have an extremely high level of confidence in the rookie, otherwise they're likely destroying the team's chances at a winning season by putting their eggs in Darnold's basket.

Of course. Scott indicated as much in his press conference. So you will get an idea of what they really think of this class by who the sign in FA.

• Beer 1

Player A

2016: 28TDs 6ints

2017: 22TD 13ints

2018: 19TD 10ints

2019: 21TDs 8ints

2020: 27TDs 9int

2021 23TDs 14ints

Player B

2016: 16TDs 14ints

2017: 33TDs 7ints

2018: 21TDs 7ints

2019: 27TDs 7ints

2020: 16TDs 15ints

2021: 27TDs 7ints

Pie to the first person who can tell me which player is Carson Wentz and which player is Derek Carr

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That would seem to put you in the "sign Carr" camp, but I'm not sure that's really where you are.

IF the Panthers intend to resign Sam...

That would increase the likelihood that either Carr or Stroud are the team's main targets.

If it is Carr, we should know by the end of next week.

If the team fails to sign either Carr or Stroud, all bets are off and the chances of a winning record this season diminish significantly.

*Predictions are for entertainment purposes only.

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Player A

2021 23TDs 14ints

Player B

Pie to the first person who can tell me which player is Carson Wentz and which player is Derek Carr

carson is B.

Carr is A.

Feels like a dak trick tho.......

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Player A

2021 23TDs 14ints

Player B

This information has be forwarded to Frank Reich.