• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford/Carr Comparison

Cdparr7

3 minutes ago, csx said:

I thought I typed not on level. I certainly meant to

I thought it could have been a typo but figured it was still worth putting the info out there to back up the rebuttal to this desperate thread. Hey I want to be a contender again too but some fans here on the huddle are developing a condition where they perceive any QB who might give them the time of day to be the next sure thing. Did the same thing with Darnold the same thing with Mayfield and now again with a much older and only slightly more consistent QB coming off one of his worst statistical seasons with one of the best receivers in the league. What could go wrong 😏

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Stafford is the only QB.

Name me more. You just naming a QB who got traded to a loaded roster who won.

We don't have the Rams roster dude. Carr should go to the 49ers if he wants to be Stafford.

You act like we loaded. Carr ain't taking us very far.

Peyton Manning. 

Stafford passed for nearly 5000 yards that season. Surrounded by talent or not, that's impressive. But couldn't you make the same argument regarding Stroud and Young? Both were on loaded rosters filled with 4* & 5* recruits. How isn't that the same?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

Peyton Manning. 

Stafford passed for nearly 5000 yards that season. Surrounded by talent or not, that's impressive. But couldn't you make the same argument regarding Stroud and Young? Both were on loaded rosters filled with 4* & 5* recruits. How isn't that the same?

So you putting Carr in the same league as Manning?

Cmon man just stop. You can't compare him to Stafford because the situation would be totally different. Rams were the favorites the moment they traded for Stafford.

We wouldn't be the favorites signing Carr. Our roster just isn't as great as that Rams roster was.

2 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Nothing says being mediocre than being in the top 5 for passing yards and completion % after the 2021 season. You right. 

Yet he's teams plan B.

Jets told him he could be a HOF with them but said we have to wait on a 39 year old Rodgers to make his decision.

If Carr is what you think he is he wouldn't be waiting for the other QB's to be moved. He's free unlike Rodgers and Lamar.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you putting Carr in the same league as Manning?

Cmon man just stop. You can't compare him to Stafford because the situation would be totally different. Rams were the favorites the moment they traded for Stafford.

We wouldn't be the favorites signing Carr. Our roster just isn't as great as that Rams roster was.

I wasn't comparing Manning to Stafford. You asked for another name, I gave you another name. Agree to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

My guy. He played in 15 games and had a 60.8 completion % with Davante Adams compared to Darnold the bust who had 58.6% through 6 games. And he's several years older than Sam. This is who you want to pay 35 million dollars a year?

Don't forget the top 5 TE he also had.

People think he going to come to a offense with lesser weapons and carry them.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

@Xtreme

My guy. He played in 15 games and had a 60.8 completion % with Davante Adams compared to Darnold the bust who had 58.6% through 6 games. And he's several years older than Sam. This is who you want to pay 35 million dollars a year?

Bad coaching. Very similar to how Mayfield went on to actually play decent after being picked up by the Rams. 35 million is a bit high, but I would rather drop 35 million on Carr than drop multiple 1st round picks to get a QB that was surrounded by insane talent. And if he ends up being a bust, that will set us back for YEARS. 

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

Bad coaching. Very similar to how Mayfield went on to actually play decent after being picked up by the Rams. 35 million is a bit high, but I would rather drop 35 million on Carr than drop multiple 1st round picks to get a QB that was surrounded by insane talent. And if he ends up being a bust, that will set us back for YEARS. 

Bad coaching?

My man he's been in the league for 9 years.

You want to pay 35 mil for a 32 year old QB who needs good coaching to be successful?

That has disaster written all over it. If the QB needs a good coach we might as well go the cheaper route and draft and develop one.

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bad coaching?

My man he's been in the league for 9 years.

You want to pay 35 mil for a 32 year old QB who needs good coaching to be successful?

That has disaster written all over it. If the QB needs a good coach we might as well go the cheaper route and draft and develop one.

And during those 9-years, he had three different head coaches. So, yes, bad coaching. Just like Stafford. 

• Pie 1