• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Supposed Schefter report without any source cited for actual comment (if one was made): Panthers have reached out to GreenBay inquiring about Rodgers

ncfan

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My point exactly.

There's a difference between manipulating the cap and saying it's not a thing. We're going to need a specific amount of available cap to trade for Rogers. That is definitely a thing. How we can get there is the manipulation part. We can't say we'll trade for him and be 20m over the cap then redo his contract. The trade would be void. There are certain hard numbers that do exist in cap dynamics in order to make trades. 

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There's a difference between manipulating the cap and saying it's not a thing. We're going to need a specific amount of available cap to trade for Rogers. That is definitely a thing. How we can get there is the manipulation part. We can't say we'll trade for him and be 20m over the cap then redo his contract. The trade would be void. There are certain hard numbers that do exist in cap dynamics in order to make trades. 

The point is if we wanted him we could make it happen.

This is just fun speculation anyway. I don't think Rodgers is really trying to leave GB. He just loves the attention.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The point is if we wanted him we could make it happen.

This is just fun speculation anyway. I don't think Rodgers is really trying to leave GB. He just loves the attention.

I don't that we could. If the number is 31 million it's doable. That's what his designated cap hit is. If he plays in 23 its 59m. You pretty much need a degree just in the cap to be able to understand how they maneuver all this crap. Personally I don't want him here. The fact Davante Adams left GB to play with Carr says a lot to me about AR as a QB. 

56 minutes ago, travisura said:

It's no different than discussing a hypothetical. This is the offseason, there's not exactly content growing on trees at the moment. And we don't even know for sure if the story is fake yet.

Seems pretty clear it's fake.

And yeah, there's a difference. If you doubt that, try deliberately posting a fake news story and you'll see 😄

(to be clear though, I don't think the OP in this particular case was deliberately trying to mislead anyone)

17 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't that we could. If the number is 31 million it's doable. That's what his designated cap hit is. If he plays in 23 its 59m. You pretty much need a degree just in the cap to be able to understand how they maneuver all this crap. Personally I don't want him here. The fact Davante Adams left GB to play with Carr says a lot to me about AR as a QB. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35518669/aaron-rodgers-open-reworking-deal-plays-2023%3fplatform=amp

Because of that, he said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" he knows his current contract probably isn't viable for the Green Bay Packers or any other team.

Rodgers has $59.465 million guaranteed if he plays in 2023, as part of the three-year, $150 million contract extension he signed in March. It carries a salary-cap charge of $31,623,570 for next season.

"There's a lot of teams, because of COVID, that are strapped, and you're seeing with a lot of different contracts, they're pushing more money out in deals," Rodgers said on the show. "They're creating void years to allow for an easier cap hit, so there would have to be some adjustments, for sure."

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35518669/aaron-rodgers-open-reworking-deal-plays-2023%3fplatform=amp

Because of that, he said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" he knows his current contract probably isn't viable for the Green Bay Packers or any other team.

Rodgers has $59.465 million guaranteed if he plays in 2023, as part of the three-year, $150 million contract extension he signed in March. It carries a salary-cap charge of $31,623,570 for next season.

"There's a lot of teams, because of COVID, that are strapped, and you're seeing with a lot of different contracts, they're pushing more money out in deals," Rodgers said on the show. "They're creating void years to allow for an easier cap hit, so there would have to be some adjustments, for sure."

I saw that. Wasn't sure if the adjustments would factor into a trade beyond the 31. Still don't want. 

i live in wi and the packers fanbase here cant stand him. and its not just because of recent "jared leto vibes" thing. He's a top 5 qb but shrinks in big games. we would 100% be playoff bound with him at qb next year though. id rather we just drafted a talented qb in r1 but out of all the rumored veteran options with carr, lamar and rodgers id take rodgers.  DJ would have like 1500 yards and 10 tds lol. we have a lot of connections here with campen and capers that would make him feel comfortable probably. rodgers loves campen.