• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This ain't Newsome's Ravens.

top dawg

Yeah, the Ravens are fuging up. I've heard several talking heads at different times talking about how they have screwed up the Lamar Jackson situation, and unlike others I agree. Rashod Bateman ain't trying to hear Eric DeCosta's poo, even if he played nice and deleted his tweet.

"how bout you play to your player's strength and & stop pointing the finger at us and #8," Bateman wrote, while also referencing quarterback Lamar Jackson, "blame the one you let do this…. we take heat 24/7. & keep us healthy … care about US & see what happen..ain't no promises tho … tired of y'all lyin and capn on players for no reason."

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-rashod-bateman-s-responds-to-eric-decosta-admitting-wr-woes-stop-pointing

B-more may have been one of the best run franchises under Ozzie Newsome, but now you have to question if they're a model to be copied in a "copycat league."

Butting heads with your franchise QB who happens to be the locker room leader will definitely have some backlash.  If they move on from Lamar, they better hope he doesn't light it up somewhere else and they better get his replacement right.  

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Baltimore is cheap.

What's being ignored is they gave Lamar a final offer of 133 mil guaranteed.

I don't care what Lamar wants that offer was disrespectful for a QB who is your entire offense. Maybe use the rest of that extra money to put talent around him...

It's not disrespectful IF they are basing it on his injury history. He has missed 25% of the season each of the past 2 years. The offer was 250 over 5 years with 133 guaranteed. While it's low on the guarantee side for what other QBs are asking/getting, his injury history or other factors may warrant that to them. Or it could be that they started low, expecting him to hire an actual agent to do the negotiating instead of his mom. Too many factors from both sides to just say they're cheap. Part of the reason we lost Norman was due to an inexperienced agent in the negotiation process and Nippleshorts ego. 

7 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

From what was said on the nfl network a few days ago the Ravens are paying more guaranteed money to their players than any team in the league.  That doesn't scream cheap to me.

I don't watch NFL Network. ESPN is superior...

La Galaxy Sport GIF by Major League Soccer

Seriously though, if they are paying more, that's not necessarily indicative of a well-run team, even if they aren't cheap. You gotta be smart. They gambled, now they're going to pay one way or another. Plus, it sounds like DeCosta is kinda making excuses for not drafting well enough, while Bateman is saying that players aren't being put in the best position to succeed. So there is a disconnect between the staff and players somewhere.

45 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't watch NFL Network. ESPN is superior...

La Galaxy Sport GIF by Major League Soccer

Seriously though, if they are paying more, that's not necessarily indicative of a well-run team, even if they aren't cheap. You gotta be smart. They gambled, now they're going to pay one way or another. Plus, it sounds like DeCosta is kinda making excuses for not drafting well enough, while Bateman is saying that players aren't being put in the best position to succeed. So there is a disconnect between the staff and players somewhere.

Yeah I do not follow the Ravens or watch ESPN.  They were talking about the impass between Lamar and the Ravens and seem to think it is aboutmore guaranteed money more than anything else. Said the main sticking point for the Ravens is the amount he wants  with injury concerns they have.

Edited by Jon Snow