• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers to aggressive pursue trade up to get a QB

TheSpecialJuan

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If guys like daniel jones and sam darnold get 4 and 5 years to show their talent then I am perfectly on board with giving someone like Stroud 3 years to get his poo together.  3 firsts doesnt cripple you like you think

Missing out on 3 cornerstone pieces isn't crippling?  Wow! If the QB pans out, it still hurts, just much, much less.  If dude flops, then yes, fugged doesn't even begin to describe the situation.

The problem with the 'move up' crowd is they are so desperate for a QB, while many say they "understand" the consequences of said QB busting, honestly, they really don't.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Missing out on 3 cornerstone pieces isn't crippling?  Wow! If the QB pans out, it still hurts, just much, much less.  If dude flops, then yes, fugged doesn't even begin to describe the situation.

The problem with the 'move up' crowd is they are so desperate for a QB, while many say they "understand" the consequences of said QB busting, honestly, they really don't.

If the qb works out its much more advantageous then not having one and having those 3 firsts. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

^ bro verge is a joke and was all in on the mac jones and malik willis trains 

she has been exposed as a fraud and its the reason she doesnt show up any more.  I cannot remember the name of the poster that totally exposed her here but its in the history somewhere. 

Nobody in scouting is 100% right.. Nobody ….to expect that is your fault not Verge Hurney Gettelmen or Fitt.. Ppl who get paid to do so at best have a 50/50 chance.. So let’s chill with the exposing thing.. Verge has had some wins on here as well.. That some of you will refused to acknowledge or bring up when trashing them.. Let’s try to be objective here..

• Pie 1

Just now, Sub Zero said:

Nobody in scouting is 100% right.. Nobody ….to expect that is your fault not Verge Hurney Gettelmen or Fitt.. Ppl who get paid to do so at best have a 50/50 chance.. So let’s chill with the exposing thing.. Verge has had some wins on here as well.. That some of you will refused to acknowledge or bring up when trashing them.. Let’s try to be objective here..

I will try and find her being busted but she was exposed as lying and just making poo up in general.  I believe it was around the horn draft

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Again a lot of the move up crowd see the movement of this team and can see the potentially the opportunity in front of us..

Team situation, division situation, coaching staff additions and league direction says this is the time to take that risk..

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I will try and find her being busted but she was exposed as lying and just making poo up in general.  I believe it was around the horn draft

Now be objective and say the wins she had on here… Their was a streak of draft hits she had as well.. Just be objective..

3 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Again a lot of the move up crowd see the movement of this team and can see the potentially the opportunity in front of us..

Team situation, division situation, coaching staff additions and league direction says this is the time to take that risk..

The circumstances/factors with other teams doesn't affect one iota if the QB will succeed or fail.  I get while everyone is so gung-ho for this to happen now, but it doesn't change the fact that years of evidence shows the QB is much more likely to bust than be a superstar.

• Beer 2

Just now, Sub Zero said:

Also a BIG IF.. That you hit on your picks in the first place.. 

At some point you have to take a shot to be great instead of staying the same and being meh…

Yeah, at some point.  I've made my case why we should wait another year.

5 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Now be objective and say the wins she had on here… Their was a streak of draft hits she had as well.. Just be objective..

what were her wins as I honestly dont remember any?  I remember a ton of flip flopping etc and her saying there is no way mac jones gets past us per her source

2 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Not naming names, but I’ve had arguments with some of the trade up crowds loudest supporters who, during the season, didn’t like our roster when I was arguing that we were a QB away from being a playoff team. They went on and on about our lack of overall team talent.  

Now, I guess they have done a 180? Now we are a QB away and we don’t need premium picks for the foreseeable future. 

It’s just inconsistent, confusing, and humorous. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1