• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Via Panthers Wire via The Athletic , Person says we like AR, but not enough. Buzz about the 3rd

top dawg

4 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Richardson had a terrible team around him. Walk on receivers with a defensive tackle converted tight end.

Levi's had years to figure it out and regressed. His decision making and processing was poor, reminding me so much of Sam Darnold. If he wasn't athletic, he wouldn't be considered a first round pick.

2022 UF > 2022 UK.  Levis had no oline and one wr.  Levis regressed because his team regressed. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Icege said:

I spent an extraordinary amount of time during the college season (and holidays) watching QB prospects. In the case of some, like Bryce Young & CJ Stroud, I went back to a few games from the previous season. Now, I'm just another buffoon on the Huddle, but I've started going back and repeating the process with my old notes tucked away so as not to influence me (can't remember anything other than really enjoying watching Max Duggan play, so again, just another buffoon here). The tape shows that Will Levis was sabotaged by his team more than any other QB that I've watched this past season. 

Out of the other top 4 QBs, AR + Stroud's OLs gave up just 12 sacks. Bama's gave up 18. Kentucky? 33. 

And that's including 4 to Miami (OH), 4 to Florida, 5 to Northern Illinois (Kentucky's defense logged 0), 3 to Ole Miss, 4 to Tennessee, 5 to Mizzou, and 4 to Vanderbilt.

Kentucky's OL gave up more sacks against Northern Illinois, Miami (OH), and Vandy than Florida and Ohio State gave up their entire seasons. The only game that the Kentucky OL didn't give up a sack was against Youngstown State.

Considering that along with Levis being dinged up with a new OC... a lot of his struggles make sense. There's rough edges to be smoothed out with good coaching, sure, but the only prospect that doesn't require that is 5'11" 204lbs. That's not exactly something that they can be coached out of.

I agree that Levis had the worst supporting cast and some terrible OCs. Kentucky’s RT was one of the worst I’ve watched. Watch out when looking at just sacks though because AR was the best in college at avoiding sacks. I still think Levis had a much worse OL, but it’s just something to consider.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

2022 UF > 2022 UK.  Levis had no oline and one wr.  Levis regressed because his team regressed. 

neither had much of anything for help. If Im wrong please point to the early draft pick that those OL, RBs, WRs, and TEs are projected to go.........Plus this is the JV NFL league, its a rough&tough climb. 

Both played hurt form what Ive seen, especially levis and AR was constantly lit up too. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

neither had much of anything for help. If Im wrong please point to the early draft pick that those OL, RBs, WRs, and TEs are projected to go.........Plus this is the JV NFL league, its a rough&tough climb. 

Both played hurt form what Ive seen, especially levis and AR was constantly lit up too. 

UF 9 players at combine UK 3: Combine players by team

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Yeah both rosters were bad. Hell Florida lost 30-3 to Oregon St in the bowl game AR didn’t play in. Putting up 3 against a PAC-12 defense is pathetic and they didn’t get the 3 until the 4th when the subs were probably in…

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah both rosters were bad. Hell Florida lost 30-3 to Oregon St in the bowl game AR didn’t play in. Putting up 3 against a PAC-12 defense is pathetic and they didn’t get the 3 until the 4th when the subs were probably in…

Id say both offenses were bad, hella bad and no help to either QB. FL at least has some defenders going to get drafted.

I called the AR combine explosion months ago, stroud impressed too...... you know who else did great and getting no love- levis. He has moved up the most in the last month for me, now totally fine with levis at 9th(if its the case). Much prefer stroud and AR is upside nuclear levels.....but levis is now in the same zip code on my gut ranking.....

levis is a "game lights on" issue.......ugh sorta like darnold......but he looks like a legit QB prospect. 

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Icege said:

I spent an extraordinary amount of time during the college season (and holidays) watching QB prospects. In the case of some, like Bryce Young & CJ Stroud, I went back to a few games from the previous season. Now, I'm just another buffoon on the Huddle, but I've started going back and repeating the process with my old notes tucked away so as not to influence me (can't remember anything other than really enjoying watching Max Duggan play, so again, just another buffoon here). The tape shows that Will Levis was sabotaged by his team more than any other QB that I've watched this past season. 

Out of the other top 4 QBs, AR + Stroud's OLs gave up just 12 sacks. Bama's gave up 18. Kentucky? 33. 

And that's including 4 to Miami (OH), 4 to Florida, 5 to Northern Illinois (Kentucky's defense logged 0), 3 to Ole Miss, 4 to Tennessee, 5 to Mizzou, and 4 to Vanderbilt.

Kentucky's OL gave up more sacks against Northern Illinois, Miami (OH), and Vandy than Florida and Ohio State gave up their entire seasons. The only game that the Kentucky OL didn't give up a sack was against Youngstown State.

Considering that along with Levis being dinged up with a new OC... a lot of his struggles make sense. There's rough edges to be smoothed out with good coaching, sure, but the only prospect that doesn't require that is 5'11" 204lbs. That's not exactly something that they can be coached out of.

If you dont watch levis 2022 film, he is the best QB in the draft. Recent film is best film, so........

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Id say both offenses were bad, hella bad and no help to either QB. FL at least has some defenders going to get drafted.

I called the AR combine explosion months ago, stroud impressed too...... you know who else did great and getting no love- levis. He has moved up the most in the last month for me, now totally fine with levis at 9th(if its the case). Much prefer stroud and AR is upside nuclear levels.....but levis is now in the same zip code on my gut ranking.....

levis is a "game lights on" issue.......ugh sorta like darnold......but he looks like a legit QB prospect. 

I have nothing against Levis. Prefer AR because he just seems like the younger higher ceiling version of Levis. Levis should have a higher floor though and if that’s who our staff targets I’m all good with it. Hopefully they will turn him into Josh Allen 2.0

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Sounds like Sam Howell 

Hes 3x the QB howell is, *at this stage compared. Scouts just drool watching levis go though practice, just game time its not the same and how to solve that is the billion dollar question/issue. Frank and his marry men would be much better than I, they HAVE to love levis......  

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Hes 3x the QB howell is, *at this stage compared. Scouts just drool watching levis go though practice, just game time its not the same and how to solve that is the billion dollar question/issue. Frank and his marry men would be much better than I, they HAVE to love levis......  

Our resident UNC homers might want to have a talk with you 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I have nothing against Levis. Prefer AR because he just seems like the younger higher ceiling version of Levis. Levis should have a higher floor though and if that’s who our staff targets I’m all good with it. Hopefully they will turn him into Josh Allen 2.0

Yea, just the media is mainly on AR, young, and stroud nuts... I was like many fans and didnt hold levis high, i do now.......just got to figure whats going wrong on gamedays.....if that is solved, tepper will need to build a trophy case.....

scary part is I see darnold...... college darnold. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Our resident UNC homers might want to have a talk with you 

Will not be the first time, funny part is Im a unc homer too......dam my curse of being honest....

Caught loads of heat for saying I wouldnt touch howell until the 4th......got called a nc state fan, the worse insult for being a "homer".... funny part is I was wrong by one pick.......... only person to make that call too, no media or locals dared. I knew.....