• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Maple Leafs

Panthers Fan 69

13 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

If anyone here thinks the Canes can give up 44 shots to Boston and still expect to win... well, I don't know what to tell you.

I missed the game last night but watched the highlights this morning and when I saw the shot total, I was a little wary. What happened to the D? Ineffective forecheck? How did a 2-line team get 44 shots on goal?

Allow 44 shots to Boston today and the Canes will need to score 7 to win...

Honestly I’m not really sure how they got 44 shots on goal. It didn’t feel like they did. There was a lot of close to the net play where Koch would block 4-5 attempts, I wouldn’t even really call them shots, more just the puck bouncing around. So I’d say that accounts for half. At least. Also Matthews line played 22 minutes. He tried at least half a dozen wrap arounds so that’s another 6 shots. Add up the close stuff and Matthews wraps and they really only got about 20 shots. 

That said our forecheck and neutral zone play was absolute awful for all of the second and most of the third. A lot of times Aho would drive the puck behind their net he’d be alone in the zone. Seems like we sat back on our heels a bit because we knew we had the short turn around today. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

9 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Just go back to Charlotte.  What a game.  Second period was so weird.  The energy was sucked out off PNC arena but half way thru 3rd the crowd got back into it.  Awesome win and amazing experience.  Better than panthers game by a mile in my opinion.

Leaving a game at PNC vs BoA is night and day as well. We had to park by the indoor practice field last night and it occurred to me that I was actually enjoying the walk with my fellow Caniacs. We usually park close to the arena but for some reason the cops had the exit blocked at Edward's mill last night.

• Pie 3