• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING with the latest: there are several within Panthers organization that favor Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

10 minutes ago, stan786 said:

No of course not. Would they get hurt more? No idea.

Lol realized this isn’t the injury thread.

But not sure what it has to do with QB. Better question would be about having 5’8 receivers or something. 

Would you agree there is a "ideal" size for all spots and young is below his?

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Would you agree there is a "ideal" size for all spots and young is below his?

Oh for sure he’s an outlier. 100% no questions asked. I just think he’s good enough it’s worth taking the shot.

But I also think ARiches outlier status is somewhat intriguing as well.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stan786 said:

Oh for sure he’s an outlier. 100% no questions asked. I just think he’s good enough it’s worth taking the shot.

But I also think ARiches outlier status is somewhat intriguing as well.

We are talkin the first overall pick here, brother thats a tall task for me to overlook his physical flaws. I do think hes above stroud in a few, but the difference it not enough to downgrade stroud. 

only if you could take youngs brain, drive, and leadership and put it into ars frame.........that Frankenstein could re-write a few records... personally id take ar over young, even at #1. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

We are talkin the first overall pick here, brother thats a tall task for me to overlook his physical flaws. I do think hes above stroud in a few, but the difference it not enough to downgrade stroud. 

only if you could take youngs brain, drive, and leadership and put it into ars frame.........that Frankenstein could re-write a few records... personally id take ar over young, even at #1. 

I’m much more terrified of QBs that can’t handle pressure and I’ve seen enough out of Stroud I worry about his ceiling. I think Youngs mental abilities greatly outweigh his physical limitations, the stuff he can do and process becomes more and more apparent the more games I get though. It’s just my opinion of course but I have argued on here Bryce’s ceiling is as high as anyones in this class because of his mind.

I get people want to play it safe I just think safe is gonna get us Kirk Cousins unless he is what he was in that Georgia game and that’s also a risk from the number one pick.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, stan786 said:

I’m much m

ore terrified of QBs that can’t handle pressure and I’ve seen enough out of Stroud I worry about his ceiling. I think Youngs mental abilities greatly outweigh his physical limitations, the stuff he can do and process becomes more and more apparent the more games I get though. It’s just my opinion of course but I have argued on here Bryce’s ceiling is as high as anyones in this class because of his mind.

I get people want to play it safe I just think safe is gonna get us Kirk Cousins unless he is what he was in that Georgia game and that’s also a risk from the number one pick.

a less douchey version of kirk cousins wins a ton of games in the nfl

A cj stroud vs georgia version wins the super bowl.  He looked liked mahomes that game, you take that risk

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

a less douchey version of kirk cousins wins a ton of games in the nfl

A cj stroud vs georgia version wins the super bowl.  He looked liked mahomes that game, you take that risk

I just feel like personally I saw that Super Bowl winner level from Young more consistently and am more confident it transfers.

There is risk on all the guys, I get it. It probably has a lot to do with the traits we prefer as well.  I just don’t think Strouds a risk free prospect and think some of his issues aren’t quick fixes or something we can necessarily coach. Hope he is the Georgia Stroud and it just unlocked the next gear in his mind.

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, stan786 said:

I’m much more terrified of QBs that can’t handle pressure and I’ve seen enough out of Stroud I worry about his ceiling. I think Youngs mental abilities greatly outweigh his physical limitations, the stuff he can do and process becomes more and more apparent the more games I get though. It’s just my opinion of course but I have argued on here Bryce’s ceiling is as high as anyones in this class because of his mind.

My #1 is adversity. I think both young and stroud are close to the same there. I also think if you put young on OS and stroud on bama, be the same results too. 

Another question- who is the bigger player- panther kicker eddy pineiro or young?

Another how do you feel about young recovering form a injury? like he lost 15% of his velocity form a elbow injury? 

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My #1 is adversity. I think both young and stroud are close to the same there. I also think if you put young on OS and stroud on bama, be the same results too. 

Another question- who is the bigger player- panther kicker eddy pineiro or young?

Another how do you feel about young recovering form a injury? like he lost 15% of his velocity form a elbow injury? 

This is an issue because too many QB who have any arm/shoulder/elbow injuries never seem to recover well to 100%. Both Young and Stroud have had their share of injuries but which will be the better choice in the draft that has a better chance at being 100% and ready to be a starter.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

What does Pinero have anything to do with it? Who do you think weighs more Sebastian Janakowski or CJ Stroud? Do kickers get hurt at a higher level in the pocket than others? Or just a gut feel thing?

Got a source on 15% or is that another gut feel? and what elbow injury? He came back a week after that shoulder injury and had one of his better performances vs Tennessee, seems like he recovered pretty well. 

2 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

This is an issue because too many QB who have any arm/shoulder/elbow injuries never seem to recover well to 100%. Both Young and Stroud have had their share of injuries but which will be the better choice in the draft that has a better chance at being 100% and ready to be a starter.

Yeah they both had almost identical shoulder injuries and both seemed to have a similar recovery arc. Stroud said it effected him most the year, hurt it week one and people were wondering if he would sit out the bowl game. AC joints are a relatively common QB injury. I’d say them both playing at the level they did after it is a positive for both of them.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Who can afford to lose more stroud or young? Ive seen young throw on his tippy toes and uses his whole body.....

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

What does Pinero have anything to do with it? Who do you think weighs more Sebastian Janakowski or CJ Stroud? Do kickers get hurt at a higher level in the pocket than others? Or just a gut feel thing?

Got a source on 15% or is that another gut feel? and what elbow injury? He came back a week after that shoulder injury and had one of his better performances vs Tennessee, seems like he recovered pretty well. 

Its just a comparison. You didnt answer that like the others. 

No gut feel, just if young lost a % of elbow/back/arm/leg/etc strength, how much can he do before it effect his abilities? Is a question of how much room young has to recover? 

Just now, Basbear said:

Who can afford to lose more stroud or young? Ive seen young throw on his tippy toes and uses his whole body.....

Its just a comparison. You didnt answer that like the others. 

No gut feel, just if young lost a % of elbow/back/arm/leg/etc strength, how much can he do before it effect his abilities? Is a question of how much room young has to recover? 

I would guess long term it’s 0%s for him, generally guys gain some arm strength after getting to the nfl as well. If he’s got a degenerative issue they’ll find it in the physical, AC Joint is a pretty common nfl injury.

And I have no clue how big Pinero is I just know Bryce is small, I just don’t get why I’d care I guess.

20 hours ago, stan786 said:

Does anyone have a list of games I can watch where Stroud doesn't handle pressure well?

I've watched quite a few of his games and never noticed anything glaring.

Thanks in advance. 

29 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Eddy Piñeiro is 2 inches taller than Bryce Young. He's 185lbs, so they're a very similar weight too. 

• Beer 1