• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears close to trading to 2, then to 9 with Carolina moving up to 2: Houston felt comfortable staying at 2 because they are confident Carolina doesn’t take their guy.

Varking

26 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

they probably wanted to hurry up and get the cardinals on the clock to pressure them into the trade wtih them... sounds like Titans and Texans were burning the Cardinals phone down to the last minute.

Yeah, this is what happened. Stroud wasn't on the top of anyone's board.

Just now, The Natural said:

Haha do you honestly think they would say otherwise? No team is going to say "This isn't really the guy we wanted, but he's okay I guess ".

I would expect them to not reply like most teams if they don’t want to answer. Again, they turned their pick in as soon as they could. You’re kidding yourself if you think they didn’t truly want Stroud. He was their guy. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

I would expect them to not reply like most teams if they don’t want to answer. Again, they turned their pick in as soon as they could. You’re kidding yourself if you think they didn’t truly want Stroud. He was their guy. 

I think they probably had their heart set on QB so no matter who we took they would take whoever was #2 for them. Sure it's possible they had Stroud #1 but from every report I've read it seems unlikely. Young was the a pretty unanimous #1. Hopefully he'll live up to it.

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

So were we less enthusiastic about Young because we took 5 minutes to turn our pick in? I’m not sure I understand this argument…everyone and their grandmas knew we were taking Young so the Texans had plenty of time before the draft to decide who they were taking and apparently decided on Stroud. Obviously the Texans were never going into the draft with the #2 overall pick with the intention of spending their 10 minutes still deliberating last second on who they’re taking. I think you’re reading too much into the optics of rushing to get their pick in lol.

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

So were we less enthusiastic about Young because we took 5 minutes to turn our pick in? I’m not sure I understand this argument…everyone and their grandmas knew we were taking Young so the Texans had plenty of time before the draft to decide who they were taking and apparently decided on Stroud. Obviously the Texans were never going into the draft with the #2 overall pick with the intention of spending their 10 minutes still deliberating last second on who they’re taking. I think you’re reading too much into the optics of rushing to get their pick in lol.

Teams in the draft who are turning their picks in right away look set on who they wanted. Teams that wait are typically looking to see if anyone will trade with them. Who knows why we waited on our pick? Maybe we were told not to due to TV time. 

They gain nothing by rushing their pick in other than showing Stroud he was their guy. If they waited somebody could have traded up. 

also, we never told the kids who we were picking so it was still a guessing game for the Texans. They could assume we would take X and maybe they went up there with a ticket for each QB but the truth is they likely just got the guy they wanted. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 1

Thats very interesting by Houston, Chris Simms reported a while back that not every team was as high on Bryce as others. That could have just been teams who didnt need a Qb so who knows. But to think its not out the realm of possibility is just stupid. Too many teams and too many opinions for everybody to think the same thing. Just gonna have to accept that. 

• Pie 1