• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On today's episode of Panthers Subliminals...

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Go watch em.  Here is Youngs "worst game"  If you don't have time to watch 12 minutes of throws, then watch just where I start it at. 

Heres Strouds "BEST game"

I get it. I watched both games. I live in Knoxville which is definitely SEC country. Stroud was just that guy in that UGA game (kind of like Fields against Clemson his final season). If Stroud played like that every game he would be hands down the top pick. Like other people are saying it’s just one game. I mean there are games where Cousins has looked better than Brady’s worse game. It doesn’t mean he is the better prospect, but you aren’t going to sell me on Young’s LSU game vs Stroud’s UGA. Sorry but that’s just a little too much of Young being flawless which none of them are.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I could see that. It looked like there were some games where Stroud was kind of just “going through the motions.” He kind of has that laid back demeanor and Young injects energy into his team kind of like Cam did. I agree with that. It’s why I have that weird feeling where I might prefer Stroud, but am afraid of passing on Young. I can see more of that “it” factor from Young. 

Yeah and I also get that "It" factor can be very subjective on tape, and if people dont buy it that is fine. I just see it all over his tape, and consistently. I think the stuff like this elevates Bryce's ceiling above other guys, as those are qualities all the top guys share.

I think the staff would be able to decide how they feel about that though, so if they pass on Bryce cool I'll assume what I saw was a mirage, but its compelling for me at the moment.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Elusiveness means nothing when someone coming at you like this..when that gentle frame or processor won't do Bryce any good. Even the fastest or "elusive" qbs have to withstand punishment 

Yeah, and I'd be worried that Stroud could take it since he can't play well under pressure. 

I can just see the other teams scheming to blitz Stroud all day long because he's one of the worst QBs under pressure in college football.

And they know he's too slow and immobile to escape it.  Poor guy is going to get killed.

Yeah, and I'd be worried that Stroud could take it since he can't play well under pressure. 

I can just see the other teams scheming to blitz Stroud all day long because he's one of the worst QBs under pressure in college football.

And they know he's too slow and immobile to escape it.  Poor guy is going to get killed.

again..

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Captain America Avengers GIF

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I get it. I watched both games. I live in Knoxville which is definitely SEC country. Stroud was just that guy in that UGA game (kind of like Fields against Clemson his final season). If Stroud played like that every game he would be hands down the top pick. Like other people are saying it’s just one game. I mean there are games where Cousins has looked better than Brady’s worse game. It doesn’t mean he is the better prospect, but you aren’t going to sell me on Young’s LSU game vs Stroud’s UGA. Sorry but that’s just a little too much of Young being flawless which none of them are.

I didn't say Young was flawless.  I'm saying a game with constant scrambles because LSU rushes 6 over and over ended with a successful 2 min drill to take to OT and then Young sets up the score for the first TD in OT.    If that is what we have to look forward too, I'm in!

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

you make yourself look worse and worse each time you post

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

you make yourself look worse and worse each time you post

The irony here…

The energy you are putting into this is amazing. I’ve never seen such persistence in driving a point to an empty room. 

in all honesty, you should take a break and go touch grass. It’s beautiful out. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

I didn't say Young was flawless.  I'm saying a game with constant scrambles because LSU rushes 6 over and over ended with a successful 2 min drill to take to OT and then Young sets up the score for the first TD in OT.    If that is what we have to look forward too, I'm in!

You said his LSU tape was better than Stroud’s UGA, which simply isn’t true. Stroud was playing a great defense and played as good as I’ve seen from any QB last season. It’s just one game though. For example Stroud’s Northwestern tape is far worse than any tape on Young (windstorm or not). 

8 minutes ago, poundaway said:

ok I'm done he's just too slow and immobile that pressure got the best of him

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The irony here…

The energy you are putting into this is amazing. I’ve never seen such persistence in driving a point to an empty room. 

in all honesty, you should take a break and go touch grass. It’s beautiful out. 

Good point.  I think I will.

• Beer 1