• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs. Islanders Game 4 Sunday 1PM

Panthers Fan 69

10 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

So, no defensive player scored today? Might have been the best overall game so far.

No defensive goals and I believe only two assist. But that doesn’t detract anything from the blue lines they played stupidly good. Outside of a few chatty, ghost mishaps they just completely shut down the islanders. 

• Pie 2

The canes did not end up practicing today. Rods availability say 11:45(so probably 12:15 for him) I doubt he will say who we are drawing in if drury can’t go though. 

Choices ranked in my estimation of Rod,

Stromwell > Rees > Pono. Though I’d prefer Pono get some NHL time. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

If some pro member who’s been here longer than I the newbie wants to start a game 5 thread, I’ve been reading various sports news sources and have some thoughts I’ll post there. My thoughts are worth two cents though lol.

We’ll see if Panthers Fan 69 posts up. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

The canes did not end up practicing today. Rods availability say 11:45(so probably 12:15 for him) I doubt he will say who we are drawing in if drury can’t go though. 

Choices ranked in my estimation of Rod,

Stromwell > Rees > Pono. Though I’d prefer Pono get some NHL time. 

Stromwall actually didn’t get called up, I wonder if he’s headed back to Russia.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Stromwall actually didn’t get called up, I wonder if he’s headed back to Russia.

Sweden and could be, why we didn’t call him up I have no idea. He was the stat leader for the wolves. 

So Rees or Pono then? Capfriendly is listing rees, Ville and Suzuki on the active roster currently while the rest are “non-roster forwards” I’d like to give Pono a game, I’d be ok with Rees, Ville is too young and I’m just not sold on Suzuki. Though Suzuki did have a better year in Chicago this go round. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Sweden and could be, why we didn’t call him up I have no idea. He was the stat leader for the wolves. 

So Rees or Pono then? Capfriendly is listing rees, Ville and Suzuki on the active roster currently while the rest are “non-roster forwards” I’d like to give Pono a game, I’d be ok with Rees, Ville is too young and I’m just not sold on Suzuki. Though Suzuki did have a better year in Chicago this go round. 

By Russia, I mean the KHL, that’s where he was playing previously.

I’m not putting Suzuki in, guy is made of glass, there’s no reason to throw him into the lions den.

To my knowledge, Ponomarev is primarily a center as where Rees can play the wing.

If Drury can’t go and we don’t go 11-7, I’d expect Rees to get the call.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

By Russia, I mean the KHL, that’s where he was playing previously.

I’m not putting Suzuki in, guy is made of glass, there’s no reason to throw him into the lions den.

To my knowledge, Ponomarev is primarily a center as where Rees can play the wing.

If Drury can’t go and we don’t go 11-7, I’d expect Rees to get the call.

Ah gotcha. I suppose we could put Stepan back in too. I figured he was injured too if Rod didn’t play him. 

• Pie 2