• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL model analytics player compares

Lame Duck

That would be fuging horrible yeesh 

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Focusing so heavily on recency is going to really limit your potential comps. I do think Brees and Wilson are the best comps for Young. Brees-like passer, though Brees had an advantage both in a strength and pure accuracy IMO. Wilson-like in mobility.

Bryce doesn't run like Russel did some of yall are at the opposite end of this comparison because you all reference Brees and Wilson indefinitely and I don't see it . 

Bridgewater checked down a ton and was seen as very accurate 😅  Tuas been good recently besides the injuries but to be fair he was injured way more often in college. But they're both small qbs coming out same School. Mac Jones also came out of there wasn't too athletic and known for his accuracy 

Edited by Hoenheim

Just now, rayzor said:

We only need one to work and we've got our eyes set on the right one.

No idea if he’s a right one until he plays in NFL.  There were many right ones going #1 overall but only handful paned out and media’s job is to create excitement and sell you that they are the best thing since slice of bread which most times is not true but people eat it up.

2 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

No idea if he’s a right one until he plays in NFL.  There were many right ones going #1 overall but only handful paned out and media’s job is to create excitement and sell you that they are the best thing since slice of bread which most times is not true but people eat it up.

If it wasn't this coaching staff making the call, I'd probably be a bit skeptical. I just feel like these guys know their poo.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Fan base has gone from like 80/20 ,stroud young to 70/30 young stroud  due to all the reports and media coverage of Bryce it's been shifting gradually every week since the first Bryce rumors started 

I think a lot of fans have read the tea leaves and are just trying to convince themselves Bryce is the best option 

If you do a post draft poll it'll be like 95 percent we made the best pick, we won't know that for a good long while.

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Pretty much. I said long ago that ultimately I'll be fine with Young, Stroud, or Richardson. I can definitely understand the arguments for and against all three. So whoever our staff and brass likes best, let's go.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Fan base has gone from like 80/20 ,stroud young to 70/30 young stroud  due to all the reports and media coverage of Bryce it's been shifting gradually every week since the first Bryce rumors started 

All by design IMO. With them throwing a big draft night party at BOA they don't want this to be a shocker. They want a celebration, not a bunch of folks disappointed by the pick. The NFL doesn't want them outright saying who it's gonna be to keep up the suspense for draft night but the Panthers don't wasn't a bunch of folks in the stands expecting the pick to be one guy and then it's someone else. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty much. I said long ago that ultimately I'll be fine with Young, Stroud, or Richardson. I can definitely understand the arguments for and against all three. So whoever our staff and brass likes best, let's go.

my sentiments exactly. However, (hypothetical here) if the pick is AR would you be comfortable starting him day one.  I would think we have an excellent bridge qb in Dalton to allow for AR's development.  Although, I am very aware that a #1 overall pick has to play day one.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All by design IMO. With them throwing a big draft night party at BOA they don't want this to be a shocker. They want a celebration, not a bunch of folks disappointed by the pick. The NFL doesn't want them outright saying who it's gonna be to keep up the suspense for draft night but the Panthers don't wasn't a bunch of folks in the stands expecting the pick to be one guy and then it's someone else. 

Something I had not considered until you mentioned it 🤔 

I was wondering why all this stuff has been leaking out over the last 2 weeks it's like beating a dead horse from several different reporters and literally everyone interviewing Bryce last week. 

It's like they're trying to justify the pick to the fans before it's actually made

6 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

my sentiments exactly. However, (hypothetical here) if the pick is AR would you be comfortable starting him day one.  I would think we have an excellent bridge qb in Dalton to allow for AR's development.  Although, I am very aware that a #1 overall pick has to play day one.

When we made the trade I honestly think we didn't know exactly who we were gonna pick we had just done enough homework on the QB class to feel confident that we were going to be comfortable going to #1 to get one of them. IMO, Dalton was brought in primarily to be a vet mentor and a bridge starter if need be. I believe Richardson was a lot more in the mix than a lot of folks think. Very possibly more so than Stroud.

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Something I had not considered until you mentioned it 🤔 

I was wondering why all this stuff has been leaking out over the last 2 weeks it's like beating a dead horse from several different reporters and literally everyone interviewing Bryce last week. 

It's like they're trying to justify the pick to the fans before it's actually made

Honestly, I think so. We don't want a situation like when the Eagles drafted McNabb. That's just a bad look for the franchise.

You don't wanna throw a draft party in your stadium to welcome in your new franchise QB and then have that happen.

I don't see this point being made here:

Bears would rather keep Fields who went #11 just last season over any QB this class

Red flags all over .. this is going to be one of those poor QB drafts but 'we just had to get our guy this year damnit!'

And what are the odds the Panthers hit on two consecutive first overall QB's .. not good, many teams can't even hit on one number overall QB and were going to hit on two consecutive?

Tepper is Snyder's replacement

12 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Pretty much all these attempts to use stats and analytics and models to make predictions are awful. Might work in the business or finance world. Football?  Not so much. 

Yeah, it's just forced comps for clicks. I mean think back to 2011. Who in the world are you comparing Cam Newton to? There just wasn't a comp. 

• Pie 1