• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any gun collectors?

jasonluckydog

15 hours ago, Cullenator said:

Not quite as old as LGs long gun but its the oldest one I own. S&W .32 Long CTG - based on the serial number from the early to mid 1920s. Still fires like a champ but those .32 rounds are dirty as hell and your knuckles get pretty nasty after a couple of reloads.

Was my wife's grandfathers gun and he carried it regularly.  He was a Baptist Minister 'down east"

IMG_0736.jpg

Very cool, thanks for sharing as well! Story behind it being kept in the family makes it sentimental also!

19 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I have a question for gun collectors...

What is the purpose of collecting all these guns?

Also why do people abuse having gun ownership?

I have this neighbor and all he does is let his kids shoot loud guns and disturb the peace. There is no doubt in my mind over the past 10+ years I have lived here there is no doubt he has wasted a good amount of bullets just shooting for fun. People have kids in the neighborhood and all they want to do is waste bullets.

A family literally lost their lives because they confronted a neighbor who was shooting for fun. Why are people so dumb when it comes to guns. The purpose of a gun is to protect yourself and your property. Some people use guns just to disturb the peace and they think it makes them look tough.smh

Not everyone abuses having gun ownership much like not everyone abuses ownings cars or motorcycles or computers. They can all be used for bad if in the hands of an idiot. IF in the hands of someone who is responsible and not into disturbing or hurting society around them all items can be owned and not a soul on earth is ever harmed.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I agree with what you are saying to a degree and see where you are coming from. People in small neighborhoods should definitely not be going out in their backyard and shooting away with guns due to the proximity of houses and stray bullets. If they are not in little neighborhood subdivisions then I see nothing wrong with it if there is no danger around of some other house or random person being hit.

Im not an avid gun collector as it sounds like you are not either but many things can kill you that we own if used poorly with bad judgement. I feel like if no neighbors around people should be able to shoot guns on their property but most definitely not in small neighborhood subdivisions and if i'm not mistaken there are probably ordinances that state this or at bare minimum HOA's that have a problem with it. I havent had anyone shoot guns in my neighborhood as its just too small with houses too close but we have a guy who used to live behind me that would randomly start shooting off huge fireworks at any given night in the dead middle of the night including 2am-6am. I remember going outside and screaming at him to stop shooting that crap off as everyone is trying to sleep. He promptly responded with "He can do whatever he likes to do". I knew this wasnt true so I just called the police and they came over and fined him and yelled at him. If someone was shooting a gun in the neighborhood that would be way more serious, dangerous and ridiculous and would have zero issues just calling the police to shut that down immediately.

The thing is we live in the country backwoods. There are plenty of open fields in the area. As a matter of fact there is a deer hunting path not even a half a mile down the road from where they live. So much open space yet they choose to shoot guns right next to their house.

Those are the kind of people that I worry about. They have no respect for others around them. They treat guns like a sport. Kind of sad because they never go anywhere. They shoot guns and sit home all day and ride 4 wheelers all around the neighborhood.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Not everyone abuses having gun ownership much like not everyone abuses ownings cars or motorcycles or computers. They can all be used for bad if in the hands of an idiot. IF in the hands of someone who is responsible and not into disturbing or hurting society around them all items can be owned and not a soul on earth is ever harmed.

Well considering people die everyday from guns I think there is a lot more idiots then you realize.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The thing is we live in the country backwoods. There are plenty of open fields in the area. As a matter of fact there is a deer hunting path not even a half a mile down the road from where they live. So much open space yet they choose to shoot guns right next to their house.

Those are the kind of people that I worry about. They have no respect for others around them. They treat guns like a sport. Kind of sad because they never go anywhere. They shoot guns and sit home all day and ride 4 wheelers all around the neighborhood.

Oh okay I think I know the type. I frequently refer to them as A** Holes. Morons who have PLENTY of open area to safely shoot guns and play yet they choose to be a burden on everyone around them while also putting others in jeopardy. Call the police on their asses and report them so they can come out and have a talk with them.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Well considering people die everyday from guns I think there is a lot more idiots then you realize.

Oh heck yes I do agree with you. We may have gone back and forth bickering on another thread pointlessly but you and me are on same page. So many idiots and so many dangerous people to themselves as well as others out there. Makes me worry for my own family's safety at times.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Oh okay I think I know the type. I frequently refer to them as A** Holes. Morons who have PLENTY of open area to safely shoot guns and play yet they choose to be a burden on everyone around them while also putting others in jeopardy. Call the police on their asses and report them so they can come out and have a talk with them.

No lie just a few minutes ago they just shot what sounded like an AR15. It's 10:15 am on a Tuesday. At any moment and time we just hear random gunshots from them. That family needs help. Thank goodness they quit playing loud music like they did years ago. That was more annoying than the gun shots.

Some people just have no life. 

11 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Oh heck yes I do agree with you. We may have gone back and forth bickering on another thread pointlessly but you and me are on same page. So many idiots and so many dangerous people to themselves as well as others out there. Makes me worry for my own family's safety at times.

This!

On 5/12/2023 at 12:06 AM, Ricky Prickles said:

Very nice and very cool! Thank you for sharing! Man, if it could only talk can you imagine the stories it could tell! It basically survived the wild West!

The lever action rifle was originally designed in 1860 but was produced in very limited numbers until roughly the end of the Civil War. The Civil War was an absolute bloodbath of casualties as it was, but imagine how much worse those numbers would've been if the lever action rifle was available in mass quantities at the time.

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 1945 Winchester long barrel semi auto 12 gauge. A lever action 1973 3030 and and a 1943 bolt action 22. All fully restored and functional from my grandfather. Couple more shot guns and rifles, a Glock 9mm. My pride and joy is the Springfield Saint Edge 556.  

we love target practice and shooting back at our land in the mountains.  We grew you training others to shoot and believe that if you or carry you need to be fully trained and respect your firearm. Military families will do that. 

fun fact I have a fully functional replica of a flint and ball pistol from the civil war. Pretty cool stuff.  That thing is fun to shoot! 

• Pie 1