• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gant on Bill Cowher.

Jbro

I just read on an nc state board that Cowher has already called Weis about being his OC wherever he goes, either Washington or Carolina. dont know how credible the source is but he said he was very close to the athletic dept a ND. You know how that goes, "I got a source, its my best friends mommas cousins brother uncle 2nd cousins best freinds dad's mistress

Really? Because from what I dug up, Gantt was completely and utterly wrong on over 75% of his blog posts where he mused about how things would turn out.

Certain posters on this site that don't get paid a single cent have a *much* better track record at predicting how things would turn out.

What was he actually wrong on?

The majority of those BLOGS were based on Jake. He is writting, the majority of the time, putting himself in the Panthers FO situation. They have stuck by Jake through things they shouldn't have, something which Gantt rightly pointed out they would do. The Panthers FO beleived Jake was the answer and Gantt believed them (or at least did the sensible thing by agreeing with them for his jobs sake).

The ironic thing SMF, is that we could all pull an entire forum of posts that you have made that are so wildly off the mark that it is funny. You get it right occassionally, sing your merry tune and then go back to conspiracy theories and laughing AT people, when you are just as bad.

Of course, you have probably stopped reading at 'What was he actually wrong on?' which was my intent. I fully expect you to go 'LOL you actually agree with playing Joke?!?!' Whereas I do not, I can just understand when someone is writing the company line, or at the least putting himself in the shoes of the company. He gives opinions, but does not force them onto everyone, some can realise that, others can not.

I dont read his crap anymore. I've gone on the record as saying that before on this board. Only thing I go by when it comes to him is what others quote from him. Gantt is a tool. He sticks with the status quo. He sucks off Jake and Fox. Instead of just reporting, he throws his opinion out there and thinks anyone else that sees whats really going on is dumb. He also gets so pissy in his articles sometimes. He even compared Fox to Fisher in order to support why Fox should stay. Which is patethic in itself cause Fisher sucks even more and should be on the way out any time soon. He's called those that didnt agree with the Jake contract lunatics. He's basically called those dont like Fox stupid. He's never challenged any of the Panthers decisions on or off the field. His "opinions" are the status quo and to him any one who thinks otherwise of it is brainless. You not seeing this is naive and shows your intelligence. You supporting him is laughable. See two can play that game ;)

So then why do you get so angry about some random guy you have never met? Most people would just ignore his pissy comments.

As people have identified, 'he is not going to bite the hand that feeds him'. So him challenging their decisions is a touch off. Considering that though, he has started to post blogs about replacing Jake, Fox's job security and other less standard things. He would be out of a job quickly if he did not write WITH opinions. Writers that do not, quickly realise there is simply little substantial news to continue writing columns and blogs.

I find it amusing that it's 'laughable' that I support him. Support him?!?! I have to choose a side??? Can't I just read his blogs and get some of the latest news on injuries, or new FA pick ups??? Just for the record I do not 'support' any writer or anyone based in delivering news and blogs. I just realise that these people write for a living and I take everything they say witha pinch of salt. I do not get needlessly aggressive and emotional just because he says something I completely disagree with.

No, what is naive, brainless and showing of low intelligence, is to get so worked up that you have to include in your sig that he is a tool. For Gods sake, he just writes articles and blogs??? Plenty of people do that for a living, why do you pick on him to blow your teenage hormones on? Why can't you do the sensible thing and just read or not read things, then if you disagree with them just disagree with them, do not go mental at him on a random forum.

Do you not see the point? I really can't understand why people are getting so worked up over a reporter disagreeing with them?!

Really? Because from what I dug up, Gantt was completely and utterly wrong on over 75% of his blog posts where he mused about how things would turn out.

Certain posters on this site that don't get paid a single cent have a *much* better track record at predicting how things would turn out.

Certain posters on this board are overwhelmingly negative all of the time. Some years, like this one, they end up looking mostly right. Gannt has been critical in the past, he repeatedly said they should have taken what they could get for Peppers in a trade and he's called out Moose for not being able to get open, among other things. However, the good news is, if you don't like him, he's easy to avoid. He writes for the Rock Hill Herald, he's not in the Observer, he's not on TV, so if you hate Darin Gannt for being occasionally positive, don't read the Rock Hill Herald.

Gannt is a FO jock sniffer.

Loves Fox , Jake and Hurney hence he sucks donkey dick !

You are not even close. He use to be like that. But in the last 2 years he has done a 180 and hates everything about the Panthers. My guess is his source is now gone or will no longer give him info and he is pissed about it.

Really? Think you can back that up?

Post Mortem on Delhomme (1/11)

The Unemployment Line (1/11)

The Time Has Come (9/14)

How to Fix It: Quarterback (9/29)

Apparently someone else has been posting under my ID :rolleyes:

For the record, you have posts in these threads, so it's not like you haven't seen them.

Bottom Line: I don't judge the quality of a journalist's writing based on whether he agrees with me.

Congrats, it looks like you were wrong only half as often. Another guy doing this for free that manages to get it right more often than the guys getting paid. Good job Mr. Scot.

What was he actually wrong on?

The majority of those BLOGS were based on Jake. He is writting, the majority of the time, putting himself in the Panthers FO situation. They have stuck by Jake through things they shouldn't have, something which Gantt rightly pointed out they would do. The Panthers FO beleived Jake was the answer and Gantt believed them (or at least did the sensible thing by agreeing with them for his jobs sake).

The ironic thing SMF, is that we could all pull an entire forum of posts that you have made that are so wildly off the mark that it is funny. You get it right occassionally, sing your merry tune and then go back to conspiracy theories and laughing AT people, when you are just as bad.

Of course, you have probably stopped reading at 'What was he actually wrong on?' which was my intent. I fully expect you to go 'LOL you actually agree with playing Joke?!?!' Whereas I do not, I can just understand when someone is writing the company line, or at the least putting himself in the shoes of the company. He gives opinions, but does not force them onto everyone, some can realise that, others can not.

Did you actually read what I posted? If you did, prove it to me by telling me some of the things Gantt said in the dredged-up posts.

Certain posters on this board are overwhelmingly negative all of the time. Some years, like this one, they end up looking mostly right. Gannt has been critical in the past, he repeatedly said they should have taken what they could get for Peppers in a trade and he's called out Moose for not being able to get open, among other things. However, the good news is, if you don't like him, he's easy to avoid. He writes for the Rock Hill Herald, he's not in the Observer, he's not on TV, so if you hate Darin Gannt for being occasionally positive, don't read the Rock Hill Herald.

He's not just there. He's always here and he's always on WFNZ.

yeah, gantt's such a fox suck up...

Apparently, I've disappointed the Bill Cowher legions here, by saying that there's no chance he ends up the next coach here (Click here for part one).

But don't mistake that for being an endorsement of status quo. Not the same thing.

The reality is, there could well be a coaching search here at the end of the season. The back-and-forth of good year/bad year has worn a lot of folks out, and with good reason.

The thing that may doom John Fox this time around is that at 5-7 and facing a brutal December schedule, the bottom's about to fall out.

Prior to this season, the Panthers were just one of four teams who haven't had a 10-loss season or worse since 2002 (along with New England, Indianapolis and Denver). Fox could always point to the fact that even when things were awful, he kept the team competitive.

That's not the case now, and frankly it's hard to see them winning again, or at least more than one. While it's only one different, 6-10 simply carries a different weight than 7-9 does.

Is Fox safe? Far from it.

All I'm saying is, it's safe to say Cowher's not walking through that door to fix it.

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3aded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post%3accaa8201-3fdf-467c-aeb2-12829aab3fab&sid=pluck.heraldonline.com

lol

tumblr_krf3io3tcg1qzcbzeo1_500.gif

I just read on an nc state board that Cowher has already called Weis about being his OC wherever he goes, either Washington or Carolina. dont know how credible the source is but he said he was very close to the athletic dept a ND. You know how that goes, "I got a source, its my best friends mommas cousins brother uncle 2nd cousins best freinds dad's mistress

Yeah. Doesn't sound credible at all.

:lol:

So what happened here is: Fans have been talking about Cowher coaching here for two years, and debating whether the Panthers would hire him, would he fit, etc. No local media outlet has done any real writing on how much of a possibility Cowher really is. The Observer doesn't write on it(at least not with any depth). Steve Reed(who I like, personally) doesn't write on it. There's nothing out there except the debates among fans and the occasional musings of national writers that figure since Raleigh is in North Carolina, and Charlotte is in North Carolina, Cowher might be headed for the Panthers job. Now, Gannt writes on the subject and gives his opinion, based on his knowledge of the Panther's front office, that it's not likely to happen. I know this is not what everyone wants to hear, and I know some people think he's wrong. But to flame Gannt for this is pointless since nobody else is even touching on the subject. If you don't like his opinion, get your Panthers news somewhere else. If you don't like that there's few other credible outlets for Panthers news, be mad at the Observer and the local TV stations for not doing a better job of coverage. But to get mad at the one beat writer who cranks out news and opinions on a daily basis just because you don't like what he has to say seems silly and petty.

Not entirely sure what you have issue with here. Multiple people felt it was still Jake's team. Why? The players came out and supported him as did the coaches. They all made comments how they play hard for Jake and that they view him as their leader. Sure you can look back now and say, 'I told you so ROLF!' but realistically, he was always going to go into the 2009 season as the starter. We had no first rounder, no viable free agents and unknown commodities behind him.

So who is looking better? Sanchez? Stafford? Freeman? Or are they all look like lost rookies? They are all going to be better than Delhomme is right now, but they are no better right now than he is. We couldn't get those guys regardless, so I am not entirely sure what your point is on this. He got the depth chart right and confirmed there were no draft OR FA pick ups that we realistically could get. Remember Favre was still retired at this point.

Who exactly did you want us to pick up? At this point we had NO cap room, so rather than sign people who were going to be grossly over paid (look at the examples) he was merely stating that plenty of franchises are built on being patient in FA. He is bang on the money on this one. In fact, you thinking this blog is wrong suggests you are not a bright person and there is no need for me to continue. But I will...

Praise? Seriously? You genuinely think he is praising them?

He is JUSTIFYING the move. He is trying to look at it from the FOs perspective and determine the potential positives for the contract. At no point does he declare he is in agreement with the move, yet he points out the cap room and why Delhomme is still a viable starter.

For this one you pick out one small comment out of a long blog based on assessing the pre-season. He never claimed it wasn't a sign of things to come. He looked at Hayden, Favorite and Irvin and commented that even the team are not expecting them to lock down the interior of the line.

He also took the time to praise a player and criticise another who the FO decided to go in the opposite assessment...

How you think he is saying the pre-season wasn't a sign of things to come I just do not know...

Starts off with a critical comment that we should not have let Jones go. Then moves onto the correct prediction of Irvin going on IR. Then moves on to say how with Beason and Davis back the defense should look much better in the regular season, which...it has! So another correct assessment. Takes a slight dig at Pep for coosing to play when he does, the comments that we have a top 5 WR and Hb a decent OL and a QB 'THEY' trust. He never gave his opinion on that...

Starts off with fluff about the new stadium then kicks straight into criticising Peppers, again. Then moved onto criticising Godfrey, our back up LBs, our back up FB and our 3rd and beyond WRs.

He then says Delhomme is better than Moore and Feeley, which essentially he is. He is washed up now, but he is essentially still a better quarterback than the other two. Starting Moore at this point would have been throwing the towel in on the season. It simply was NEVER going to happen, please understand that.

After that he goes on to criticise the play calling.

So there you go. Can we please stop taking this moron seriously?

So there you go, can we please stop taking this moron seriously?

I mean, re-reading his blogs makes me realise just how critical he really was at points. He certainly was not singing the company line. The ONLY point he was wrong on, was that Delhomme could snap out of his funk, which to Gantt's credit, a lot of people expected.

Archived