• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Blueprint Episode 3: Embracing The Future

Mr Mojo Risin

On 6/27/2023 at 11:31 PM, Bear Hands said:

This was awesome. Shows you they never felt like they were reaching. 

For DJ—they went to get a very specific need in our scheme & our board metrics had the 93->80 trade as a +22

These guys had specific targets they really felt that conviction with. Just loved seeing the Zavala and Jammie bits as well.

RB and an outside sized CB would’ve been nice but we filled needs and got legit talent with each pick.

Good stuff

This was my favorite part as well...for a couple of reasons.

1:  The coaches AND FO have an idea of player value, and share them fairly closely.

2:  Our coaches know EXACTLY the type of player that will excel in their scheme/system.

For the first time ever, I'm comfortable with both the coaching staff, and the front office.

• Pie 5

14 hours ago, UnluckyforSome said:

The Jags are doing a similar offseason video series. This is their 3rd episode as well.

https://youtu.be/fVOCpTmgpJs

I appreciate the input and it is curious if there is a production company pitching the format to different teams.  I just could not sit through any other teams promotional video and especially the jags.  I still remember the AOL message board wars of the mid 90's where jags fans kept boasting about their "5 year plan" and their team scribe got elevated to national stage somehow and we now have to suffer thru pete prickso every offseason putting down the Panthers.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

I appreciate the input and it is curious if there is a production company pitching the format to different teams.  I just could not sit through any other teams promotional video and especially the jags.  I still remember the AOL message board wars of the mid 90's where jags fans kept boasting about their "5 year plan" and their team scribe got elevated to national stage somehow and we now have to suffer thru pete prickso every offseason putting down the Panthers.

Understand completely. I was posting it more as a compare-contrast to what our team has put out. I have not seen much more from other teams, but admittedly, other than our NFC South brethren, I do not keep up with most teams in detail. I do get some Jags coverage where I am located though, so rather than Panthers North or Panthers Steel City, I guess by default my casual AFC team would be the Jags.