• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Mallet drowns in FL

CAPantherFan

18 hours ago, jtm said:

I offshore fish and use to spearfish.  I don't spearfish for this very reason because the sharks know the sound of a spear and it attracts them.  No thank you.  

Haha...so you are one of the few who DO know.

They don't really bother me, until they start chasing me, or one of the big Bulls or Tigers show up....then I'm retreating toward the boat...slowly...and never letting them out of my view.

Want to go back down, but haven't since my son was born...not quite the risk take I used to be.

If I was a shark, I'd be grossed out by humans. Sure, I'd love the scent (?) of blood in the water and all ... but jesus, when I get close to the shore and there are dozens and dozens of humans in the water ... with their nasty cologne, sun tan lotion, dirt, oil, pee, sweat, etc., I'd turn fin and be like ... aw hell naw.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

If I was a shark, I'd be grossed out by humans. Sure, I'd love the scent (?) of blood in the water and all ... but jesus, when I get close to the shore and there are dozens and dozens of humans in the water ... with their nasty cologne, sun tan lotion, dirt, oil, pee, sweat, etc., I'd turn fin and be like ... aw hell naw.

Oh my you brought back so many memories at the lake. lmao that smell I remember it like it was yesterday. Most people don't think about that while they are in the water. Not all people are clean either. So yeah I try to stay out of public water as much as I can. I was never a big beach fan anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

They don't really like the taste of us, why there are so few deaths vs. bites.  Usually it's in "dirty" or "confused" water and they can't discriminate us from it's actual fare.

If you see schools of fish in the waves as they crest, you should get out of the water.  Once it breaks, and it's mixed with water, fish, bubbles, your legs, blue fish....the sharks are just zooming through snapping at anything that resembles a fish.

28 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oh my you brought back so many memories at the lake. lmao that smell I remember it like it was yesterday. Most people don't think about that while they are in the water. Not all people are clean either. So yeah I try to stay out of public water as much as I can. I was never a big beach fan anyway. 

Even me, as a "beach guy" go to the actual sand/beach twice a year.

Once on Jan 1 for the Polar Plunge, and 1 other time to appease my wife, but normally she goes without me...so about 1.5 trips to the "beach" per year.

I do jump on the boat and go to sandbars, inlets with shoals, etc....I miss out on the "public"....thank God.