• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody got $97500000 they want to spend? 6458 Acres of land is for sale in Purlear, NC

jayboogieman

https://www.ashecountyrealestate.com/listings/316-lewis-fork-baptist-church-road-road-243340

Never before offered in its entirety, Falling Waters is 5,200 +/- contiguous acres and the last remaining large acreage tract in Northwestern North Carolina. With a rich heritage dating back to Daniel Boone, it is a magnificent haven with a perimeter protected by natural geography, and totally unencumbered by conservation easements. The interior of the property has been meticulously maintained with miles of trails, paths, and roads, all with grades of 8% or less that provide accessibility to most areas. Rolling hills, five major waterfalls (largest is 180 feet), 20+/- miles of cool water trout-filled streams, several lakes, and miles of top of the mountain trails combine to create wonderful hiking or horseback riding through old timber growth and peaceful meadows, gleaming 360 degree views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Falling Waters is located near the Blue Ridge Parkway, with 15 to 20 minute travel times to the towns of Boone, Blowing Rock, West Jefferson, and Wilkesboro, each offering desirable shopping, dining, entertainment, and medical facilities. Journey to Falling Waters and let your exploration begin.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The state is the only possible player. Anyone else is gonna develop the fug out of it.

The fed government is a possibility too. If I won the powerball lotto, I'd buy it and wouldn't develop it. There's already some cleared land that could be used to build a house on.

16 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Just check your couch. You probably have that in between the cushions.

i had a roommate in college that slept with his shirt off but kept his pants on from the day and change was always falling out of his pockets and sticking to his back so when he was asleep (which was usually a an hour or two before i went into bed) i'd walk in and see him laying on his side and a bunch of coins stuck.

i was hanging out in the dorm lobby and someone asked me if i had any change for the drink machine and i said no, but if you go into my room you can just peel what you need off Robby's back. he thought i was joking but he went in there and got what he needed for the machine.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly though, the price seems like an absolute pipedream. It's kinda in no man's land. Too far from Boone/Blowing Rock. Not close enough to the types of bougie places that are going to attract near nine figure buyers.

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

when i was in high school i had a couple friends that lived up in purlear. it felt like it took forever to get to their house. there is seriously nothing out there.

That sounds perfect for me. I'd enjoy living without any neighbors around for miles. Someone just give me the 97.5 million. You'd all be allowed to visit, hunt, and fish.😁

• Pie 1