• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

a message to The Panthers, David Tepper, and all of you "it's just preseason" "fans" on here

GOAT

5 minutes ago, recceice said:

Oline played great TO AND the weapons let us down.. Know football before posting 

Oh please. OL play breaking downright when they are needed most is not playing well.

I'm not saying things can't/won't improve, but today was not good overall. KnOw FoOtBaLl BeFoRe PoStInG.

• Poo 1

Yeah I’m not surprised by what I just saw. They looked terrible in the preseason. I think people confuse the final score of a preseason game for the notion that the preseasOn games don’t matter. Because they do. They didn’t do anything positive in the preseason that made me think that a 63 year old washed up coach was playing his cards close. 

23 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Oh please. OL play breaking downright when they are needed most is not playing well.

I'm not saying things can't/won't improve, but today was not good overall. KnOw FoOtBaLl BeFoRe PoStInG.

When they needed it down 14?? Just stop.. They played great the whole game until it was clear we had to pass.. Run game had big holes and BY had all day to throw.. WR need to get open By needs to stop throwing Ints and RB need to protect the ball.. This game was is on BY and the weapons..

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah I’m not surprised by what I just saw. They looked terrible in the preseason. I think people confuse the final score of a preseason game for the notion that the preseasOn games don’t matter. Because they do. They didn’t do anything positive in the preseason that made me think that a 63 year old washed up coach was playing his cards close. 

If you actually watch the preseason ppl were more worried about the  Oline and defense .. The Oline was a strength today and the defense was got pressure all day.. BY and the weapons were not showing they couldn’t get open or turning the ball over.. Did BY throw 1 int in the preseason??

17 minutes ago, recceice said:

When they needed it down 14?? Just stop.. They played great the whole game until it was clear we had to pass.. Run game had big holes and BY had all day to throw.. WR need to get open By needs to stop throwing Ints and RB need to protect the ball.. This game was is on BY and the weapons..

You are the one claiming Atlanta could 'pin their ears back' but it was a 1-possession game for most of the second half and they collapsed. It was not a complete performance and not good enough, therefore was not a 'great game'. Pointing that out is not prohibitive of also acknowledging that the receiver gets sucked, Young was a young QB in his first NFL game ever, and the play calling was suspect.

I'm sorry, but it's this kind of nonsense that keeps Carolina in mediocrity. They were decent but not good enough, and the OL can improve just like everyone else.

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Overall, no, OL wasn’t a problem. At least not in the game I watched. He generally had plenty of time to throw and receivers weren’t getting open.

Then you must not have watched most of the second half. They were not good enough, like the rest of the team. Still plenty of weeks to improve and I expect it will.

Edited by KSpan

21 minutes ago, KSpan said:

You are the one claiming Atlanta could 'pin their ears back' but it was a 1-possession game for most of the second half and they collapsed. It was not a complete performance and not good enough, therefore was not a 'great game'. Pointing that out is not prohibitive of also acknowledging that the receiver gets sucked, Young was a young QB in his first NFL game ever, and the play calling was suspect.

I'm sorry, but it's this kind of nonsense that keeps Carolina in mediocrity. They were decent but not good enough, and the OL can improve just like everyone else.

Literally didn’t get touched until the 4th quarter and they were down.. Other then that BY had all day and the RB had holes..

• 2 weeks later...