• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What WR are you eyeing the most in the draft?

Brokenbad

Personally I want Dez Bryant! If we could wing him AND get DeWayne Harris in the "bargain bin" in a later round that would be ideal. Harris could give us the much needed kick return and punt return help we so badly need. Of course this thread will be bashed because we seriously need a QB. Hmm what to do about that....WAIT! Maybe the Eagles would like to have Peppers in exchange for Kevin Kolb...I would trade Peppers to the Chargers for Billy Volek in all honesty. The possibilites are almost endless, FOR PEAKS SAKE LETS DO SOMETHING AGGRESSIVE!

Golden Tate..we've tried to go the big reciever route and all we got was Dwayne Jarrett..seems like someone who can get open or at the very least catch a ball in coverage..something our receivers aren't doing atm..i don't know how fast he is but i'm sure we will find out at the combine..

Dez Bryant is perfect. He has speed and he's built very well. I think he will be an impact player in the NFL early on. Unfortunately he's likely going to be a top 10 pick.

I also like Danario Alexander. The end of that kid's season was unreal. I understand his stats can be inflated due to the system he is in, but I think he could be a solid receiver not taken in the first round. He's listed as 6-5 215, so I'd like to see him put some weight on. But I think he could be solid.

I'd be happy with any of the next four top-rated receivers behind Bryant that will probably be there when we pick in the 2nd:

Tate

Mardy Gilyard

Shipley

Arrelious Benn

Damian Williams might be there too, but the last thing we need is yet another USC receiver in the 2nd round.

Arrelious Benn would be great.

We need to sign a free agent wideout regardless. Kevin Walter or Josh Reed maybe.

Arrelious Benn or Brandon Lafell if we chose one in the second.

If we go another position that round, then Alexander, Mardy Gilyard, Damian Williams, or Demarius Thomas in the third. Maybe even that dude from Elon, but only if we sign a free agent..

The thought of drafting Damian Williams is much easier to digest if you just think of him as an Arkansas receiver and not a Trojan. Not sure he'll be a starter, but he's closer to Steve Smith than another Jarrett, and he can return punts.

WR, DT, and QB are the main needs, i think. We should hit them all in FA and the draft.

eric decker

Height & Weight: 6'3 - 220 lbs.

Minnesota

Eric Decker is one of the most NFL ready receivers in this draft class. He's not as flashy as some of the other prospects, but he is already very polished. Decker has been a contributor since his freshman year for the Golden Gophers. In 43 career games, Decker has caught 223 passes for 3050 yards and 24 touchdowns. To go along with his obvious contributions to the passing game, Decker finds a way to make his mark in all phases of the offense. He has rushed the ball 14 times in his career for 109 yards and a touchdown. His skill as a baseball player has also allowed him to complete three of four career passing attempts for 49 yards and two touchdowns. If all that wasn't enough, Decker is also one of the better run blocking receivers in all of college football. He runs very crisp routes and while he's not a burner, he does have very good speed for his size. He has a chance to be a very good possession receiver in the pros (perhaps a more athletic Brian Finneran or Joe Jurevicius). Depending upon how Decker performs at the NFL Combine, he should go in the second or third round of the 2010 draft.

link

# Strengths: Imposing size for his position

# Very strong; shows power to get off jam

# Adept to reading coverages and settling into zone

# Aggressive runner off the catch; can break some tackles

# Great hands and ball skills

# Shows ability to adjust to poorly thrown ball

# Elite concentration when ball is in air; good body control

# Tough and will hang onto ball after big hit

# Red-zone weapon

# Knows how to take advantage of his size; plays as big as he is

# Will go over the middle

# Very good blocker

# Does a good job of selling routes

# Dips his hips and changes speeds in routes

# Great character and work ethic

Weaknesses:

# Doesn't show much upside after the catch

# Lacks some agility

# Doesn't have a second gear or explosive speed

# Not much of a deep threat

# Might struggle with bump coverage in NFL

# Limited upside

Summary: Decker is the prototypical possession, No. 2 receiver in the NFL. Teams will know exactly what they will get with Decker because he will work hard on and off the field. He will never be a stat monster in the NFL, but he will draw away double teams and he is a major threat in the red zone to score with his size, body control and hands. Decker will probably go off the board in the late first to early second round.

Player Comparison: Kevin Walter. Walter is a very reliable possession receiver for the Texans, but doesn't have much upside.

link

Archived