• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign VICK this Offseason!

dmo4455

As it shouldnt be, nearly every "face" this franchise has had has been people who represent and look like them. Why would it be an issue? Part of being a black fan of the Panthers is knowing the chances you'll ever see a QB that looks like you are slim to none. If I want to root for one, I'll have to pick 1 on another team. You never see me bitching about the Steelers or Eagles or Cowgirls or Titans when it comes to this issue, because those teams have a history, the Panthers dont and act like everyone is stupid and cant see that.

As a young, white American, I'd venture to say that Steve Smith and Jon Beason are currently the face of our franchise. I do not know a single person that would disagree with that. I also would say that I don't know a single person that is upset that they are the face of our franchise.

Please drop the "whiteys holding me back routine," it's just making you look like a fool.

As it shouldnt be, nearly every "face" this franchise has had has been people who represent and look like them. Why would it be an issue? Part of being a black fan of the Panthers is knowing the chances you'll ever see a QB that looks like you are slim to none. If I want to root for one, I'll have to pick 1 on another team. You never see me bitching about the Steelers or Eagles or Cowgirls or Titans when it comes to this issue, because those teams have a history, the Panthers dont and act like everyone is stupid and cant see that.

I never realized Smitty and Pep were white until you just pointed this out to me. The most visible fan is =Catman=, I didn't realize HE was white. The Panthers use black-owned companies to do most of their business, such as sending flowers or getting supplies. But I guess they're white. Sam Mills has a statue...never knew Sam was white until just now. Or Moose. Or Minter or Rucker.

The first quarterback that John Fox trusted was Rodney Peete. Started him over the incumbent "future of the franchise", as I recall. Even gave him a chance to keep his starting job the next year, until he proved he was a statue back there. I wasn't aware that Rodney was white until you just pointed it out.

Maybe there just aren't that many black quarterbacks who are adept at the pro passing game? Just like there are all kinds of white cornerbacks in college football, but none can get it done in the NFL?

I guarantee you the Panthers would have loved nothing better than to draft Chris Leak, but Leak just wasn't a pro quarterback.

I never realized Smitty and Pep were white until you just pointed this out to me. The most visible fan is =Catman=, I didn't realize HE was white. The Panthers use black-owned companies to do most of their business, such as sending flowers or getting supplies. But I guess they're white. Sam Mills has a statue...never knew Sam was white until just now. Or Moose. Or Minter or Rucker.

The first quarterback that John Fox trusted was Rodney Peete. Started him over the incumbent "future of the franchise", as I recall. Even gave him a chance to keep his starting job the next year, until he proved he was a statue back there. I wasn't aware that Rodney was white until you just pointed it out.

Maybe there just aren't that many black quarterbacks who are adept at the pro passing game? Just like there are all kinds of white cornerbacks in college football, but none can get it done in the NFL?

I guarantee you the Panthers would have loved nothing better than to draft Chris Leak, but Leak just wasn't a pro quarterback.

Post of the decade. Exactly Meat. Unfortunately, people like King T are always out to pull this kind of crap. As seen in other forums like Tinderbox, he comes off as pretty racist himself.

As for Jason Campbell, ask a Redskins fan RIGHT NOW would they rather have Vick or Campbell? Im not gonna hype up Campbell and be an apologist for an underachieving player just cuz I dont want to admit Vick is a better option for this football team.

I have a lot of friends that are Redskins fans and don't blame him for the team not winning. They don't think Campbell is great, but they realize that the team around him is pretty awful. They're placing more of their hope in a new GM to make better personnel decisions (ie not overpaying losers like DeAngelo Hall, not trying to improve a bad offensive line in the offeseason and spending that money on Haynesworth when he wasn't their need, etc).

I can't think of a single one that has said Michael Vick would be the one to turn that franchise around. But KT, even if I had heard one person say that Vick should be the guy in Washington - do you ever consider the "grass is greener" on the other side phenomenon that comes out of frustration after a bad loss or a bad season? My friends who are Bills fans were saying they would rather have Delhomme than any quarterback on their roster. Their reasoning was that at least he takes shots down the field and could get the ball to TO and Evans. We both know how silly that is. I heard Giants fans bitching about Eli who won a Super Bowl two years ago after last year's playoff game and suggesting that a more crisp passer like David Carr could have come in and won the Eagles game. How ironic is that given what we saw in Carr? You have even pointed out (and correctly I might add) that Philly fans don't properly appreciate McNabb and have unfairly called for his head in favor of a number of other quarterbacks.

What about his winning percentage? Im sorry guys, our great hope Jake Delhomme set the bar so low this year, that passing up Vick only confirms what Ive been saying, we want a white QB here at all costs and only entertain a black QB if its a short term option while we find that white QB. The Panthers are a conservative organization with a conservative owner in a conservative christian white collar banking town that is entrenched in red tape. Go in any black barbershop or bar in town and bring this topic up and you'll hear exactly what Im saying, it aint just me. The Panthers have worked hard for 15 years to build this reputation they have.

Please stop with you continued racist rhetoric. No one here, or in the Panthers Organization, have any issue with a black QB. Rodney Peete was accepted here with no reservations.

All we, and the organziation, care about is winning and maintaining a solid reputation as a clean team. Nowhere does race play into that factor.

We understand that you are bitter and think that blacks do not get a fair shake in the NFL....as evidenced by your thousands of posts stating such over the past years. We get it. I think you are way off base...but that is just my opinion.

We need Vick on our football team. He will bring a mobile QB which we never had and someone who can throw the long ball. I know that the Panthers organization wants the Clean image but screw it lets win some football games. He might cost some money but if we can afford to pay Pep $1mil a game then we can afford Vick. He is use to the NFC south and would be on a mission with a new chance and a new team. I don't want to hear about Matt Moore being our future after 1 good game. #7 in 2010.

By chance, do you post on the Washington National's web site under the name unc1dmo?

Because that guy is an idiot troll too.

lol at captroop calling Dan Morgan an idiot troll

You know what, Sultan? You are absolutely right; I did. Oops. I made an erroneous assumption that because someone started a Vick thread that they were a troll.

I offer a complete retraction of my statement and a whole-hearted apology.

My comment was rude and, as it turn out, inaccurate. It was more directed at the troll on the Nationals board who littered every victory with undue vitriol and negativity. But the name is strikingly similar.

If you read this, Dan. My bad. You're still a hero of mine.

*Sam Mills rolls over in grave*

Why the fascination with a black QB? It's kinda like a white PG in the NBA, some things you can't force into existence.

Why not address some of the real issues behind that story? For instance how most top high school and college athletes are herded through the system and never challenged academically. It takes serious smarts to make it as an NFL QB.

Bottom line is the Panthers don't care about the color of your skin, only if you are a good citizen and a winner.

Archived